INSURANCE HELP!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INSURANCE HELP!
Anyone in know how here with insurance??

My mother had a 50/50 accident on a muddy corner of a lane this week. Both parties accept neither could have avoided due to weather conditions.

It wrote my mums little cheap Amica off.

The insurance company have taken the car off my mother already, despite it being drivable. So I am in search of new car for her...

But in paying out, they obviously will deduct the excess but they have said they will also deduct the remaining insurance premium, with is about £265!???

She questioned it and they compared it to a phone contract!?? But I dont get the comparison...plus it wont leave much of 400-500 left for a new vehicle.
Plus she doesnt want to cancel the insurance coz in next day to a week she will need to insure the replacement 'new' car!

Angry
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm so the insurance company want your mother to pay out the contract with them? Looks like they don't want her to be insurance with them after the crash :S I'd really look into that as it doesn't sound rite at all :S
Thanks given by:
basically yeah.

She paid extra to go fully comp and they came back to her tonight with a settlement figure of £148. Angry

whats the point of paying out an extra £££ to cover your own car when they offer that!!.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats not right. Maybe they understood her on the phone. The only time they will want the remainder of the policy fee in one lump is if you have a accident and then leave them before the 12 months is up.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: