strugle to start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strugle to start
Shocked 
Well hello again fellow pig pushers

This morning in the lovley Cambridgeshire country side we had a bit of a hard frost!!!

Neadless to say this did not help my Phase 1 Dturbo to fire up this morning. The last thing i want to do is get the can of EASY START out but it was getting really close to the time i have to set of for work!!!! The old girl fired into life in the very last turn as the battery was starting to drop in power!!

Any suggestions on what the problem could be??
Thanks given by:
Glow plugs would be my first port of call, they're easy enough to replace mechanically, just a bit of a ballache to access.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
As above, first suspect is the glowies. Give them a few cycles before you try and fire it up, see if that makes any difference. I thought mine was gonna be a pain to start this morning, but i heated the plugs 3 times, and she fired up first turn! None of the usual lumpiness and smoke! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
glowwwwwwwwplugggggggggsssssss . . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yeh i have orderd some BOSCH DURATERMS as i thought it might be the plugs.

but my mate seams to think there could be air gettin into the system!!
Iv seen how much of a ball ache it will be to fit the new plugs but its worth doing i think. I will let yous all know if that resolves the situation.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by: