Boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost
Right finally lashed up a boost guage today and been driving it about and it's boosting to 16-17 psi and it's not tuned at all still got the tamper proof caps so I know it's not been played with is this normal?
Thanks given by:
Hmm mine ran at 12psi standard, some are known to run 14. I reckon something's been done on the turbo side.
Thanks given by:
Hmm but there is a slight haze on boost so it's not too much for the fueling
Thanks given by:
Has the lda been wound out or anything?
Thanks given by:
What's lda?
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 06:41 PM)sherman306 Wrote: What's lda?

Lda is what controls adds more Fuel when boost kicks in (on a Bosch pump) what pump you running?

Thanks given by:
Lucas man no Bosch as yet
Thanks given by:
Mine was 13 as standard, a friends was 15, so hard to say really, 16-17 is a bit higher so may of possibly been messed with
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Somebody's played with it by the sounds of it. Shouldn't haze on boost if it was standard.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Not much you can only really see it at night in headlights but the tamper proof caps are intact mate?
Thanks given by:
You'll see a lot more with lights through it at night. Open turbo fully and max fuel till a little smokey, close boost compensator all the way. Did this when I had a Lucas and it went nicely. If you leave boost compensator or wind out it will smoke like a truck. Undecided

Jammapic has a great thread on tdoc.co.uk
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
IIRC your on a K14? the turbo actuator could be seized. That what happened on my old engine so it was around 18psi when driving....as so as more fuel was fed in it was up to 26psi without touching the turbo.
Thanks given by:
Ah right I'll have to have a look when I tune it can they be unseized?
Thanks given by:
have you done any other mods to it i.e exhaust, i havnt touched my pump yet and im running 15 psi just with a straight through exhaust
Thanks given by:
I've Decatted it and disabled the egr
Thanks given by:
If it's the black plug on the front you mean,its not a tamper proof seal that remains intact to say it hasn't been opened/messed with,its supposed to be a one way screw that you cant undo so if it has been undone gently without marking the plastic you wouldn't really be able to tell if its been turned up.
Best bet is to just turn it up,that way you know its been messed with.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 03:17 PM)sherman306 Wrote: I've Decatted it and disabled the egr

The decat will let the exhaust breathe better and could up boost pressure slightly
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I ment the small cap on the boost compensator screw
Thanks given by:
Well in that case someone could of easily opened the pump and gave it some more max fuel
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
On the way to work it was boosting 16 psi and holding it nicely so I'm guna tune the pump abit and see what the outcome is
Thanks given by:
22psi should be safe enough on a lucas anymore you might aswell go bosch
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shame my cheaply boost gauge only goes to 20 psi
Thanks given by:
20?! How do you live, im getting a 40/50 one!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Because it's standard at the mo so when more boost is to be had so Will a better boost gauge
Thanks given by:
Turned the pump up abit today still not really seeing much on boost smoke and boost gone up to 20 psi lol
Thanks given by: