Can't tell if my suspension's standard, or something's wrong.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't tell if my suspension's standard, or something's wrong.
As stated in the title, there's around an inch (maybe slightly less) between my tire wall and the arch itself. The tyre specs are 195/45/15.

Bearing in mind an old woman has been the only owner before me. I can't think of many boy racer pensioners when it comes to mind.

I have an HDI D-Turbo, does this spec/trim have a lowered suspension as standard? I'm no expert on suspension, so could something potentially be wrong?
Thanks given by:
Your tyres are the wrong profile for a 306, so that will also be making it a little lower than it would be as standard. Also D-Turbo spec is slightly lower over a base spec model. Put up a photo, that's the easiest way for us to say.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought that, profile's meant to be 55 isn't it?

Not able to put a photo up, iPhone gave up on me a while back and stuck with an absolute heap of a phone. Great!
Thanks given by:
Yes but i would go for 50's

Thanks given by:
Mine is on standard HDI Dturbo setup.

Does yours look like this or lower?
[Image: IMG-20121118-00457.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd say it's been lowered. The smaller profile will make the car sit lower, but the distance between the centre of the wheel and the wing will remain the same so the smaller profile will create a larger arch gap, just under 1cm more between the top of the tyre and wing.
Thanks given by:
Yeah DeeTurbo, it'd be slightly lower. I'm not complaining really; it's at a nice height and there's no reverse rake unlike the boy's from Magherfelt just up the road Tongue

Also, nice HDI, almost identical!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  206 suspension users? Rock hard suspension HDIkyle 10 4,019 10-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: puglove