This forum...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This forum...
I've gained a serious amount of knowledge from this forum,only got a 306 as a stop-gap motor when my Pajero died of gearbox failure.It was a white NAD PH1 slalom,proper pov spec,windy windows and everything.Instantly decided it needed a turbo.
It only lasted about two months and the gearbox went on that as well so i went and bought an already slightly modded china Ph2 d Turbo S. It had some coilies some other dodgy halfords type tack and a stage 1 tune and had me proper hooked. I knew when i bought it it was a dog but it was cheap and I needed a car so i gave little money for it and ran it into the ground in about 6 months,weighed it and the Pajero in,kept the suspension and bought a completely standard blaze PH2 for £400. Again a bit of a dog running gear wise (and colour,although it has kinda grown on me) but body and mechanics were fine. I have now,from knowledge gained on here,done the wishbones,beam,top mounts,brakes , coilover swap,brake light switch,handbrake cables,de-EGR,lucas and k14 running 22PSI,with plenty of coal. Now i have just bought a bosch conversion and done an LDA grind and gov mod myself,ready to go on with new cam-belt,water pump,tensioners and clutch.
All knowledge gleaned from this site so hats off to all the regular posters and XUD nuts out there,donation on the way.
Cheers if you got this far.Danny.
Thanks given by:
Good to hear it fella. It really is a good forum with a lot of knowledgeable people.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Glad to hear we've been helpful, even if we didnt know it at the time! Big Grin

I must say, this forum has become a part of every day life for me, and has helped me in so many ways. And i can understand what you mean about being hooked on the dtubs as well, i do miss the bwarp factor of my old 1.4 sometimes, but the damn thing was so slow, and went through 2 gearboxes in the time i owned it! The DT is so much better, and despite the fact it is falling apart at the seams at the moment cos im too broke to fix it, i still love it. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I love it on here,its always the first thing i click on when I go online.Not really been posting much because i didn't want to spam the forum up asking silly questions which are all there if you look properly but thought i should at least show appreciation.Yeah I'm fully hooked on the XUD now although the Mrs has a Ph 3 1.4 meridian if i want comfort/seasickness.They do take quite some time to actually get going,make more noise than speed i think.Wink
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate! This makes me want to hurry up and finish my turbo project. If you get into serious XUD tuning I do seriously recommend a spare lump to build up with HDi rods to keep in the garden ready to drop in if your current one chucks a rod.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the nice comments, i'm glad you found our little place useful Smile
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2013, 10:46 PM)Fooby Wrote: Thanks for the nice comments, i'm glad you found our little place useful Smile

Sorry...who are you? Are you new as well? Tongue

Also to Danny, get some pics of your ride up dude! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate, hope I've been helpful in some small way, why dont you come to our Christmas meet and meet some of us.

Also if any particular post is particularly helpful we have a rep button that increases a user's rep score so everyone can see who the helpful people are. It you have a bit of spare cash a small donation to the club helps for server costs that keep this place running as we dont believe in charging a set membership, just what people can afford or want to pay.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 12:09 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Also if any particular post is particularly helpful we have a rep button that increases a user's rep score so everyone can see who the helpful people are.

<<<<<< Errr don't think its quite an accurate system somehow Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wink 
Putting pics up means I'll have to clean it though.Big Grin.
Yeah I am interested in coming to a meet,missed the ace the other week cos I was skint,was a bit gutted as its not too far from Chesham really. Christmas might be the one as M.K isn't far either.
Where is the rep button then,I cant seem to find it?Is it due to my low post count?
I see a few of you are quite close to me,Dum Dum is only up the road and there was a member on here from Chesham as well,had a white 205 GTI for sale recently,forget his name.Kinda makes it less like talking to a screen if there is an actual chance of meeting a few of you at some point.Will get some pics up shortly when i've finished painting the wheels and got the back end lowered and sorted,bought a second hand beam with as much camber as my old one that is also far too high Doh so need that sorting then she'll be ready for looking at.
Thanks given by:
I have a feeling now you say it that you cant give/receive rep till you get to 35 posts. I nearly bought a house in chesham but although it was a great location with a great view and a garage and a garden it was a shit tip and tbh chesham is going downhill.
Thanks given by:
Good on ya fella! Get donating!! Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
looking forward to learning the knowledge for myself from here
Thanks given by:
Chesham,going downhill?
Any more downhill and they'll be doing the bobsleigh run here for the winter olympics.Big Grin
Thanks given by: