Cyclones or Challengers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclones or Challengers?
Wanting to upgrade my gash wheels. Currently on 15s.
Car is unlowered at the moment. ..soooo..what wheels?
Thanks given by:
Challengers tires cost more but atleast you can get them balanced, there is only one garage near me that can balance clones and il never go back there as they scratched most of the paint off mine
Thanks given by:
I think I prefer challengers. Do I need adapters and spacers for a Ph3?
Thanks given by:
I'm sellin a set with spacers Wink pm me if interested
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Neither, go for something different?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 06:46 PM)Curt Wrote: Neither, go for something different?

Different?!?
How dare you suggest that there is something wrong with 40mm and clones!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm terribly sorry, don't know what I was thinking! I'll shut the door on my way out.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 07:14 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm terribly sorry, don't know what I was thinking! I'll shut the door on my way out.

Please do and then go and fit some clones to your Audi.

Thankyouplease.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
im going for challengers however im very tempted by comp mos at the moment
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Why does everyone go for challengers.
Therea loads and loads of peugeot wheels out there. Be different :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I guess because they suit the 306 really well whilst keeping it relatively subtle. I was thinking of a set of Borbet A's but id want Lows before them
Thanks given by:
They don't suit the 306 though... They're far too big. Borbets are another wheel that is done to death. Just go on eBay and think outside the box, see what pops up.

Of course this is all IMO.
Thanks given by:
U got a AGU audi?
Thanks given by:
Lasers. Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its got XSI lasers on it already...
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 02:47 PM)MrMemzi Wrote: U got a AGU audi?

Yep
Thanks given by:
You remapped? And changed the N75 valve?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Revo stage 1 and a few other things. I'm guessing you mean diverter valve? I'm running a Forge one currently, but will be changing back to stock as I think it's causing issues.
Thanks given by:
Is it atmospheric? I personally had the 007 with a yellow spring. And no I mean n75 valve it controls your turbo. Only allpws a certain amount of boost. First of all I replaced mine with an N75J valve which made it fast. Then I found a guy off of vw net who makes a resistor thing to trick it even more so and allow a safe amount of boost. I may have one knocking about it you want it? I dont want anything nfor it
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 06:55 PM)MrMemzi Wrote: Is it atmospheric? I personally had the 007 with a yellow spring. And no I mean n75 valve it controls your turbo. Only allpws a certain amount of boost. First of all I replaced mine with an N75J valve which made it fast. Then I found a guy off of vw net who makes a resistor thing to trick it even more so and allow a safe amount of boost. I may have one knocking about it you want it? I dont want anything nfor it

Don't mean to butt in, but arsing around tricking the ecu with different n75s and all that is really a silly way to go about it. A decent remap would be much better. Otherwise you're just messing with how long it takes the turbo to react to overboost and other situations on a standard map.
Thanks given by:
No it's not atmospheric. Only reason I need to change it is I have a hesitation when coming off the throttle I think it could be related to.

There's not much point in changing the N75 valve, it'll make little difference and the one the engine is supposed to come with is fine. As above really. The J is supposed to smooth out delivery whereas the H is the one most people seem to do. I'll just be sticking with the standard one.

I won't be doing anything else until the turbo dies, then I'll be going KO3S. Just need a FMIC and TIP, everything else is done and it's insured up to 230bhp.
Thanks given by:
Suit urself. I ran my audi for a longggg old time with 200bhp. Its currently sat in my garden with a FMIC and TIP should I strip ittt or should I race it hmmm
Thanks given by:
clones i would say or 205 wheels
Thanks given by:
Whatever you get, please don't go up to larger wheels until you're ready to lower it too.

Otherwise, 17"s will make it look like it's on stilts!
Thanks given by:
Too late. Im riding on 22s.
Thanks given by:
Ah, wel at least you're doing it n style then! :p
Thanks given by: