Got bored. RC content.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got bored. RC content.
So I got bored last night, started working on this little buggy for my nephews. Can't afford to keep spending £20 on each of them at Christmas but I had all the parts lying around to build this, so in reality it's not cost me anything.

[Image: null_zps8d8eae71.jpg]

Silver can motor, 19t pinion, should still be plenty quick / torquey enough for them!

As I'll be taking it around on Christmas day I figured I can't not have something to race against them.

[Image: null_zps4619481a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps2d988425.jpg]

TL01 based, using lots of unused parts. Should go pretty well, might lock-out the rear differential for better skidz lol

Also building a Maxi WRC on a more realistic front-wheel-drive chassis, which will have complete interior / lights too.

Should be a laugh!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome!

Makes me want to build another!
Thanks given by:
Who makes that 306 body? Looks much better than my tamiya 306 body?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
It's a Tamiya one bud, just with custom light buckets. Going to be a car park beater! Poor thing is gonna take a battering!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
You not selling up then?

Just sourced a replacement for mine. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I've sold so many, it's pretty gutting every time one goes on eBay.

Funding repayments on the credit card normally. As long as I still have plenty to play with then I'm ok!
Thanks given by:
Havr you got a better pic of the front lights and the buckets on the underside? Looks so much better than mine

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The buckets are from the Tamiya Nissan Skyline, they fit pretty good though. My WRC project will be more detailed as it's not likely to see the tarmac!

The wheels scrub the foglight buckets on full lock, so they aren't going to last long!
Thanks given by:
I mean your real 306 lol.
Thanks given by:
Ah!
Well there was this promising looking cheap Audi, but the registered keeper is currently out of the country, so gawd knows when I'll hear back, but at least I know roughly what my car is worth from the offers I received.

Had a little play with the RC tonight, fitted the lights and went to take it for a spin...grinding horrible noise from the rear gearbox Sad

Will be ironic if it turns out to be a driveshaft issue, just like my 1:1 had earlier this year...!
Thanks given by:
At least your clutch works now lol
Thanks given by:
Stripped it down again tonight, gearbox was running dry and one of the bearings looked peculiar so that got swapped out. No more noise!

Now just have to resolve the glitchy throttle response. Going to try a new ESC, then maybe look at the receiver. Fecking thing, get the feeling if I put a Japanese body on it I wouldn't have these issues! Also, the shocks are too soft, this thing runs Irish felt-spec once the battery is installed!

Here's some more snaps of it anyhow...
To scale this would be a 4" exhaust tip...
[Image: null_zps7d9a971e.jpg]

Lights on:
[Image: null_zps85e45e2a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps7b9ac180.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is just so cool!!!!!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Had that shell on my old ta03 chassis. Then went mad and made it a twin motor (brushless) and lipo battery's, topped out at 55mph, had problems with the rear motor destroying gears and diffs tho, oh and pulling tires apart. Ended up catching fire and burning down.

will build another one at some point only got a Schumacher carbon fiber chassis left, its just crying out to be rwd and drifted
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Big fan of the TA03, have mostly sold my collection but still have 4 TA03s with different setups haha.

Took this out for a spin, the glitching is less of a problem at speed, not sure what is causing it. It's quick but not quick enough for me! So got a 19x2 motor going in it next to extract a bit more speed... Grounded out on a drain cover too, stiffer springs needed methinks!
Thanks given by:
I've 3 fg 1/6 scale RCS really need get them used more
Thanks given by:
i want one!
Thanks given by:
Might be selling 2 so will shout u
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  friday & bored daddyfixit 2 1,871 08-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit