Temperatures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperatures
Hey all I can't find anything relating to the coolant temperature problem that I'm having with my 6. When idling it rises no problem and heats up to around 105 before the fans come on which is seemingly ok but when I start driving it drops gradually to around 70 75 and doesn't move until I'm stationary again then climbs back up to 105 then the fans come on. Now this is all well and good as I'm still getting heat in the car and it keeps me warm, apart from when the winter months roll in when idling everything is much the same but when I start driving the temp can gradually drop right down to 0 or just above and I get no heating then the oil temp starts to drop aswell! Ive had this problem for about a year now and I first found out there was no thermostat in the housing so I put a new thermostat in and it's exactly the same, I have also replaced the radiator just incase it was blocked and not circulating (it was a rotten recon), it has had a t/belt and water pump as well and I'm starting to get to the end of my tether with this thing now! Any help appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
I would test the new thermostat you put in in case it's dodgy? This happened to me and turned out to be a dodgy part.
Thanks given by:
Hey could be a shout I know I need a new thermostat housing and that's a Peugeot only part so will just get a Peugeot thermostat as well thanks, it might be worth noting that the a/c has been fully removed can this play up with temps aswell?
Thanks given by:
That is a weird one, I would guess thermostat!

Orrrr thinking again, airlock. Also why do you need a new thermo housing?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
A bit of the housing is cracked but not leaking and I have replaced the stat with a Peugeot one and it is still the same!
Thanks given by:
Is the thermostat definitely fitted correctly? Sounds like it's permanently letting water through to me.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi6 temperatures Niall 14 3,369 27-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Niall