coolant help so i dont cook the engine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coolant help so i dont cook the engine.
Hi im New to this forum..

I dont have a 306 but i am putting a 1.9td 306 engine in a jimny.

when i picked up the engine i have no hoses atm or any idea where on an original 306 they might go to.

can some body help me piece together the correct route so i can sort my cooling out.

if anyone can point out where they go. and route to on a standard 306, i believe my engine came out of a m reg car .

1. oil cooler pipes , both of them
2. thermostate housing (im guessing to the rad)
3. where would the heater matrix pipes link to.

if anyone know where all of the pipes route to the engine that would be great

many thanks in-advanced

chris.
Thanks given by:
1. One goes to the rad one to the thermostat housin
2. To the rad yea
3. One pipe goes to the head one pipe goes to the plastic housing on the lower crank end on the back
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:

(02-11-2013, 06:36 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: 1. One goes to the rad one to the thermostat housin
2. To the rad yea
3. One pipe goes to the head one pipe goes to the plastic housing on the lower crank end on the back

can you tell me where these hoses go to ? a total of 10 coolant pipes.

also the last picture . where do the fuel pipes come from . which are return and main feeds ?

and if anyone know what the sensors are for ?

sorry about all the questions need to get this right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The one on the back of the head there goes into the heater matrix.

Then on that black plastic housing the big one goes to the bottom of the rad. One of the little ones on the top is the other side of heater matrix, and then one of the other small ones goes onto the metal hard pipe round the block to under the vacuum pump.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone have the plastic three way coolant pipe for sale, I have cracked mine whilst trying to fabricate a rear engine mount.
Thanks given by:
ThAt leaves me two now , the one next to injector cambelt end , and the little one ontop of the thermostate houseing
Thanks given by:
they both link together then go to bottom of the rad.
The one from top if stat housing usually has a bleed screw in it as its the highest point
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What he said^^
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Excellent thanks for the info

So let me get this right ,

The top radiator is the return from the engine to be cooled , before going around the radiatorthrough he lower hose which then puts coolant back in the engine via the plastic block at back of the engine ,

The oil cooler pipes ... The pipe that goes from back of engine to oil filter housing feeds coolant in and.returns it back to the radiator to cool it down through the other pipe

Then the two pipes on top of the engine that link together are returns to the radiator ?

(04-11-2013, 01:30 PM)chris2010 Wrote: Excellent thanks for the info

So let me get this right ,

The top radiator is the return from the engine to be cooled , before going around the radiatorthrough he lower hose which then puts coolant back in the engine via the plastic block at back of the engine ,

The oil cooler pipes ... The pipe that goes from back of engine to oil filter housing feeds coolant in and.returns it back to the radiator to cool it down through the other pipe

Then the two pipes on top of the engine that link together are returns to the radiator ?

I wont b using a 306 rad which is all why I ask so many questions, I will have a rad with in and out , and run a coolant bottle
Thanks given by:
you will need a rad with a couple extra pipes...for oil heat exchange and the two small ones off the head.
the two small ones off the head connect low down on the rad.
But not sure if they can be connected somewhere else if using a header tank
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2013, 01:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: you will need a rad with a couple extra pipes...for oil heat exchange and the two small ones off the head.

can these not be put connected in with the top hose to radiator .?

im guessing the two short hoses allow for expansion ?
which perhaps i can join up and link in to the top of a coolant bottle.

failing this il have to try and make room for a 306 rad with expansion tank built on side

Right I think I may have sorted it ,

Expansion feed hose from bottle gets out in the lower rad hose , and the two little hose go in the little expansion hose ,
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2013, 01:47 PM)chris2010 Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 01:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: you will need a rad with a couple extra pipes...for oil heat exchange and the two small ones off the head.

can these not be put connected in with the top hose to radiator .?

im guessing the two short hoses allow for expansion ?
which perhaps i can join up and link in to the top of a coolant bottle.

failing this il have to try and make room for a 306 rad with expansion tank built on side

Right I think I may have sorted it ,

Can anyone identify the fuel hoses that come off the lucas pump ,

Also is the multiplug on the thermostate for temperature gauge ?

Expansion feed hose from bottle gets out in the lower rad hose , and the two little hose go in the little expansion hose ,
Thanks given by:
Can anyone identify the fuel hoses that come off the lucas pump ,

Also is the multiplug on the thermostate for temperature gauge ? blue plug.
Thanks given by:
Identify the fuel hoses in what way?

The one with the primer is the in and the other is the return? Unsure on electrical plugs bud, generally they are colour coded!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
On Top of the pump theres the hose that is has a banjo bolt through middle of it.

Then just below the fuel stop start solenoid theres another fuel pipe with banjo bolt through middle with what looks like a bleed nipple in the middle

Underneath the Pump theres a fuel union with the black pipe that comes out of it in the picture it is looped round

As for the connector . i have no wiring atall as its being fitted in a jimny. in rear wheel drive configuration.
Thanks given by:
The one with the bleed nipple is fuel IN. Other is the return.

I think the other pipe is the boost compensator pipe.

Is for wiring my knowledge doesnt go that far into it sadly!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2013, 10:46 PM)Tom Wrote: The one with the bleed nipple is fuel IN. Other is the return.

I think the other pipe is the boost compensator pipe.

Is for wiring my knowledge doesnt go that far into it sadly!

boost compensator ? where would this normally attach to ?

well youve been a big help all the same .

thankyou.

Think iv found the answer... attaches to the intercooler ?
Thanks given by:
The boost compensator hose normally goes to the intercooler, it adjusts the fueling per amount of boost pressure at the time. So if you connect it to your intercooler system some how it will work fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
brilliant , running standard top mount so should be a connection there somewhere.

just trying to search weather of not that electrical connector is coolant temp. and white one on block is oil pressure.
Thanks given by:
I think one on the block next to oil filter is oil pressure. I know one of the ones in the thermostat housing is coolant temp!I only have 1 in mine and my coolant temp gauge works.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 coolant pipes at rear of engine Donny165 1 1,539 17-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Mighty306