Where is this leak coming from? (Photo)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is this leak coming from? (Photo)
Here is my passenger footwell with the carpet pulled back, at the inside of the bulkhead.

[attachment=11242]

(The visible leak is more easily identifiable if you zoom-in on the photo.)

As you can see, there is a small leak coming from the inside of that large rubber grommet. Is that the air-con grommet?

Surprisingly, I can confirm that there is no leak whatsoever coming from the hole surrounding that red 4awg amp power cable running to the boot. That entire area, including deep inside the hole, is completely dry.

So the leak is coming solely from the large rubber grommet itself. Unfortunately, it is frequently making my passenger carpet very wet.

So what is the nature of this leak, has anyone seen it before, and is it something which I can repair myself?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the air con drain.... It shouldn't be getting wet unless you have the AC on though.

The plastic pipe just pushes in, can only really suggest pushing the two together really.
Thanks given by:
Is this consistent with a leaking heater matrix?
Thanks given by:
if you have disturbed the large grommet by shoving the power cable through it, perhaps the grommet is no longer attached to the hole in the bulkhead ??? I would leave a hose pipe running down to where the grommet is under the bonnet, while looking in the car with a decent torch for ingress. then poss take it out and refit, then water test again..........
Thanks given by:
The power cable was fitted through a separately drilled hole. The air-con drain pipe and its grommet were not disturbed.
Thanks given by: