Northampton favour needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northampton favour needed
Afternoon, yes, look who it is, the forum owner who is never on his forum blah blah

I'm after a massive favour.

My brother has 206, someone (who turns out is actually un-insured) hit my brothers car after leaving the handbreak off down a slope.

I've got some pictures, which I attach. His insurance is due for renewal in 2 days and we don't know the extent of the damage. Apparently the gap between the wheel are the arch is about 1mm and nearly touching.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice and guidance on what we think might be broken/bent? Obviously there is no point in him insuring a broken car if it needs to be replaced.

He's also talking about claiming on his insurance, which i think is retarded. But anyway, could anyone take a look at the pictures and advise? or worst case pop down and see him to take a look?

Hilariously he is less car orientated than me.

Thanks in advance guys!

Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Points for appropriate footwear! It looks fine!
Thanks given by:
Car barely looks damaged. Get a quote on dent repairs. Doubt itll cost much.
Thanks given by:
Whereabouts in Northants is he? I'm in Leics but work in Northants. Pictures look OK, beam looks like it might be going but that's probably unrelated.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
The only thing I would be checking is the beam.
Chris
Thanks given by:
Who is he insured with? Some insurers will cover you against uninsured drivers without affecting your no claims.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help guys.

He is more concerned at the clearance issues he has with that wheel with his arch, apparently its been "knocked in".

The dents are dents he is not going to cry about it, he's just concerned about damaged suspension/beam considering it was fine before the accident.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
possibly bent both trailing arms
the one thats hit
and the oposite side where its hit the curb

maybe a new beam needed
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 08:24 PM)Fooby Wrote: Thanks for the help guys.

He is more concerned at the clearance issues he has with that wheel with his arch, apparently its been "knocked in".

The dents are dents he is not going to cry about it, he's just concerned about damaged suspension/beam considering it was fine before the accident.

Well, like I say Fooby, depending on where in Northants he is I could always pop by and have a look. I'm not an expert by any means but better than nothing at all!
Thanks given by:
Possible new beam, but a beam isn't at all exspensive really, if its drum.
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 08:35 PM)Dean Wrote: Possible new beam, but a beam isn't at all exspensive really, if its drum.

£80-100 for a replacement beam around this part. Easy job to replace, only hard bit is finding female torx bits.
Thanks given by:
Where in Northampton is he mate? anywhere near my HP21? I'm off work tomorrow if he wants to pop round for a better opinion as IMO that doesn't look particularly damaged at all and ill knock his arch out a little bit for him too.

I wouldnt report that to the insurance cos even if they say it wont affect his no claims it will probably put his insurance up by £50 - £100for the next few years as it shows he drives/parks in areas where he is likely to be crashed into by uninsured drivers.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer Chris.

He's probably not too far, but i guess the major issue is, is the car safe to Drive?

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 01:11 AM)Fooby Wrote: Thanks for the offer Chris.

He's probably not too far, but i guess the major issue is, is the car safe to Drive?

As long as the wheel isn't rubbing or there's no sharp edges to catch it'll be fine.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favour needed Scott 5 1,544 30-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Favour needed someone in Stoke area Gunge 3 1,167 29-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Gunge
  Who wants to earn themself £5? Genuine favour for me needed! Dan! 12 2,118 21-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Matt