lucas pump stop solenoid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucas pump stop solenoid
My car is turining over but not starting, i have been told that it may be my stop solenoid, but im unsure on how to test it properly. could anyone please tell me what wires are to the solenoid, or any other components that may be connected to the solenoid. cheers
Thanks given by:
one wire. should have 12v with ignition on/running. as per your other thread!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
there seems to be more than one wire going to it though, its sort of a braided hose which has three wires in it, which then connects to a black connection port, then splits to four, one red, one white and two green. (sorry if this is simple stuff, but i am useless with car electronics) :/
Thanks given by:
Take a photo of what your working with then we can point what to do.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
how do i upload a photo. cant seem to find any option to upload one
Thanks given by:
upload to a photo hosting site then link from that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/willJs...2121696862

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/willJs...8574576553

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/willJs...8899721576
Thanks given by:
[Image: dturbolucaspump003_zps9545880b.jpg]

[Image: dturbolucaspump004_zps92bf93dd.jpg]

[Image: dturbolucaspump005_zps6272b55a.jpg]

Stop solenoid is under the bit of metal i have circled!

[Image: dturbolucaspump004_zpsff0b1ce7.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
yeah, i figured that out, but where does the wire go from there, does it go under the pump and then to either the blue or black connection port?
Thanks given by:
I dont have a clue. Can you not get at the terminal?

Or instead of this faff just crack off an injector line and turn it over and if fuel goes everywhere then the solenoid is working fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Lucas solenoid has 2 wires because the solenoid anchor (plunger) is plastic. One is ve+ (4th pin on the black plug) and one is ground (green cable on black plug).
Thanks given by:
You need to chop that metal bracket. With it in situ is a bit of a shit.
Its an anti tamper thing to do with immobilsers
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Because I've got an aftermarket immobiliser on the car, I don't know whether there is any other wires to the solenoid, but yeah gonna get the injectors off and see wasson,
Bit off topic now but thought I would ask, what's the best way to get the intercooler off, any idea how to drain it then re-fill it, and where abouts is the intercooler reservoir ?
Thanks given by:
The intercooler is full of air there is nothing to drain. Its essentially a radiator for air.

3 6mm allen bolts along the top and maybe to 10mms hex heads hidden near the bottom front of the intercooler. Then 7mm hex for the jubilee clip and off it comes! Bear in mind you will probably need a new D seal about 4quid from pug. Either that or cut and blue hylomar your old one.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Aright okay, I've sort of had the intercooler semi off, is the d seal just a seal that runs all the way round the base of the intercooler?
Thanks given by:
Alright mate you all sorted now and back on road.
Thanks given by:
Not yet bey, gonna crack off the injectors tomorrow.

The d seal is just to the inlet manifold ?
Thanks given by:
cracked off the injectors today, no fuel is coming out, i also checked the glow plugs just to be sure but they are all good. stop solenoid then. however i was just testing a few wires with me multimeter, on the black plug which the wires from the solenoid connect to, i tested the red wire which showed around about 12v, so must be the actual solenoid/plunger that is broken/seized, is it worth grinding it out and getting a new one, or replace the pump?
Thanks given by:
Stick a Bosch pump on it ideal time for a upgrade
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
yeah, i may consider it now, may have a mechanic coming round this evening to have a look at whats going on first.
speaking of bosch pumps, would the pump from a phase 1 xldt be the same as the one on a phase 1 dturbo?
Thanks given by:
Will be the same pump yea unless it's a Bosch, instead of messing with the Lucas I'd just put a Bosch on

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
aright cool, yeah, my mate has got a written off xldt and said i could have the pump for 50quid if i ever needed it
Thanks given by:
bosch

/thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it's a Lucas don't pay £50 you can get a full Bosch set up for around £100 cheaper if you shop about but if it's a Bosch snap it up

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
yeah, its a bosch, but at the moment i havnt got the time to get it fitted as my car is obviously not driveable. for the time being im gonna grind away at the tamper proof cover and just run a wire and switch to the solenoid
Thanks given by:
right, basically ive checked all voltage going to the stop solenoid, and the 12v is there. so this would suggest the stop solenoid itself is broken?
Thanks given by:
yeah quite likely. they do go.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
right on, time to get the grinder out then Wink
Thanks given by:
right, after a bit of persistance and a lot of grinding i was able to get my stop siolenoid out, however, my new one doesnt look anything like the old one.
this is the old one - http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/willJs...3748789951

new one - http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/willJs...0339989011
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump cap carlukepeugeot 7 3,760 19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,298 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka
  No power to Diesel stop solenoid Olly 306 1 1,197 14-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Mighty306