WOW.. Insurance?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW.. Insurance?!
clicky...

If I saw that i'd go ballistic, but yeah insurance companies need to sort their head out.
Must be nice living in Gibraltar ripping out eyes out.
Thanks given by:
I don't see how this requires a news article (then again it is the Daily Mail). Some insurance companies simply don't want your business, so will give you a ridiculous quote. I bet if I go and search for my car, whilst I'm on £500 now, I could find some £5k+ quotes too.
They'll just give you an unreal figure.
Thanks given by:
Reeeeeeeepost!

Tbh this is why i always phone up when getting quotes. The online quotes aren't always right!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The funniest thing is, they keep referring to him as a "young" driver, he's 27?!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
f*ck him, he's ginger and owns a corsa, he deserves it.

Also hes got to of done something as his premium is still £2000
Thanks given by:
He lives in Manchester and has only been driving two years..... I'd say that enough for the insurance company to shaft him tbh....
Thanks given by:
Postcode lottery and he only passed his test two years ago, that's enough to bring a £2k premium. I'm only paying as little as i do because i know how to play the game and JJ is a hero.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tbh I've never really had a problem with insurance, even from 17 I've never paid much over a grand.

I don't see what all the fuss is about..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
insurance companies are on acid end of.
Thanks given by:
I'm only paying 1200 fully compy for my 1.8 Confused
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 05:46 PM)silverzx Wrote: Tbh I've never really had a problem with insurance, even from 17 I've never paid much over a grand.

Yeah, same as mate, passed at 18 and apart from my first year never paid much over a grand and since about 22/23 I've had fast modified cars. Currently on sub £500 for the year which I consider to be very good for the cover I have
Thanks given by:
I was driving for 4 years as a named driver then last year went on my own. I was paying 1700 for that year, Just took out another year but with a different insurance company with my 1 year no claims, and im now paying 1090 a year Smile

So go on your own insurance from day one! wished I did.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 06:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(27-10-2013, 05:46 PM)silverzx Wrote: Tbh I've never really had a problem with insurance, even from 17 I've never paid much over a grand.

Yeah, same as mate, passed at 18 and apart from my first year never paid much over a grand and since about 22/23 I've had fast modified cars. Currently on sub £500 for the year which I consider to be very good for the cover I have

Exactly this (minus the sub £500 for the 200 which is a wee bit more).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 06:30 PM)silverzx Wrote: Exactly this (minus the sub £500 for the 200 which is a wee bit more).

Yeah having stuff like driving other cars is brilliant, just being able to borrow a mates car, share the driving on a long trip or drive to a restaurant if someone doesn't know the way rather than having to explain directions.
Thanks given by:
I still don't get third party cover though I don't think.

I'm almost 23, 5 years protected NCB but sure the third party thing only starts at 25?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Think I first got it at 22/23, ha ha
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you can't get DOCs until 25 now, I tried this year (21) as it would've been useful but no luck.
Thanks given by:
Certain insurers will offer INCDOCS from 21. It's not just age though, occupation is the second biggest factor in whether or not you will get it offered.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 11:40 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Certain insurers will offer INCDOCS from 21. It's not just age though, occupation is the second biggest factor in whether or not you will get it offered.

Which ones? Smile
Thanks given by:
that much for a crappy corsa with a blackbox and he is 27!??

Im 26, and got 175bhp limit modders insurance, fully comp, for £400ish for the year!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Cheddar is risk group 1, the lowest Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
£2100 1.4 fully comp I'm getting ripped off lol
Thanks given by:
Yes^^^^
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
£35 a month gti 6 Wink
Thanks given by:
Wish mine was that cheap lol Smile
Thanks given by:
Change your gender .. Haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah could do ahah think they changed it now tho so girl are the same or something
Thanks given by:
Think its for first time drivers? Mine has dropped from £60 to £35 with an extra no claim! Bargain!!
Thanks given by:
£250 a year for the GTI6
£320 a year for the HDI

lol
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 08:52 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Cheddar is risk group 1, the lowest Big Grin

It is!? Angel
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by: