Treated the HDI yesterday ( new exhaust and filter)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treated the HDI yesterday ( new exhaust and filter)
I bought the car 3 years ago as a stop gap car, every mot i have taken it for it has always gone straight through, and last week was the same, so i thought i would treat the car.

It already has a stage one map so yesterday i fitted a K&N panel filter.

[Image: kkn_zpsfb75b671.jpg]

And a powerflow exhaust, i bought this a little while ago second hand, but when it came to fit it, it fitted perfectly better than some standard systems i have fitted in the past. It is a de cat no centre box and just the straight through rear box. The tail pipe is a bit big for my liking but as it was second hand beggars can't be choosers, so it will do.

I got a genuine pug fitting kit, with the new nuts, springs,washers, the gasket and 2 new bolts/studs just in case i snapped one but luckily i didn't.

[Image: ex1_zpse102e5ca.jpg]

[Image: 4bd874c9-a2bf-4d0f-a7fa-0141b50cd726_zps660b0245.jpg]

[Image: 8004ef52-6290-4800-9b46-c5ec1eae01ba_zps22ea42ff.jpg]

The car does go much better now it revs up a lot more freely and doesn't feel as restricted as it did before with the cat fitted. It is pretty loud, it is ok when your cruising but when you boot it you can certainly hear it !!
I am going out in a bit so will try and get a video of it.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a lovely system as a whole, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

watch with them k&n filters, as the oil they use destroys the MAF sensor, i have heard a lot about this problem and the mg guys all said the same thing!
Thanks given by:
Yeah i had the same problem with a pipercross filter, but the K & N has gone in dry so hopefully no more problems, i have about 3 spare known working maf's in the garage just in case

I paid 100 quid second hand for the exhaust, and then i used paisley freight to collect it for me and their 24 hour delivery was 20 quid.

It goes so much better now without the cat !!!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you done alright, its a nice system and wont ever rust Smile

Yeah I cleaned and didnt reoil ny k&n but on the zrs they can get a MAFless remap so that got that problem out of the way for me lol!
Thanks given by:
Nice exhaust can I ask when you fitted the decat did you need a fitting kit? Or did you just use the original hardware holding your original cat on and also the donut ring? I was told I wouldn't be able to fit a decat unless I bought this item:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK80084B-Peuge...43aad716bd
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, although i agree that the tailpipe is a touch too big. Like you say though, beggars cant be choosers! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 12:31 AM)boggs Wrote: Nice exhaust can I ask when you fitted the decat did you need a fitting kit? Or did you just use the original hardware holding your original cat on and also the donut ring? I was told I wouldn't be able to fit a decat unless I bought this item:

You can use your old one it shoukd be fine buddy.
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 12:50 PM)mcglynn Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 12:31 AM)boggs Wrote: Nice exhaust can I ask when you fitted the decat did you need a fitting kit? Or did you just use the original hardware holding your original cat on and also the donut ring? I was told I wouldn't be able to fit a decat unless I bought this item:

You can use your old one it shoukd be fine buddy.

Thanks a lot mate
Thanks given by:
Just plaster it in wd40/plusgas before you take it off, sometimes the bolts can rust and shear but you should be fine.
Thanks given by: