Citroen Xantia TD?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen Xantia TD?
Well I thought i would post my car, though not a 306, but XUD..Angel Anyway, I bought the car 5 months ago, due to the fact one day I was bored in college and surfing gumtree, and thought to myself hydraulic suspension, "cool".. Anywho, at that point i didn't know a diddly squat about xud's, and after going to view the car with 500pound in my pocket, i left with 150 in my pocket and a xantia! Anyway, after about 2 months of reading through this forums after work to about 1 in the morning i soon realized what i had.. also great forum guys!
Anyway Details, its a burgandy, 1996 Xanita, 1.9 td engine, Bosch, K14, fmic etc etc..
Well the good points are
: The DHX 1.9TD engine, the dryest dturbo engine ive ever seen, with a genuine 95k miles on the clock, and im the 3rd owner
:The cool and yet uber comfortable suspension
:4 electric windows, sunroof, front fogs.. which might i add all work (surprisingly)

And with all french cars, the bad and the ugly..
: The bodywork was straight, but the paintwork not so much, mainly due to the old lady owner before me..
:The car needed 4 new sphere tanks
:And the speedo shoots straight up to 50 the minute the wheels start rolling

And now for photos, all opinons welcome.. The future plans, are Gov mod, LDA grin and possibly a td04 or t25 making a torqey sleeper..ninja

[Image: 1175260_10201223694572520_1227382460_n.jpg]

[Image: 1236117_10201143078157160_1491935629_n.jpg]

[Image: 555502_10201527601329999_1896366388_n.jp...cb1a91d625]

[Image: 935117_10201527601650007_1583821358_n.jp...ff964923ec]
Thanks given by:
couple of things...

one, its awesome, I love the fact its galvanised body n fibreglass boot n bonnet mean it will never corrode n stays light

two: you can firm up the suspension by getting the spheres set at higher pressures.
and also lowering can done with two spanners
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks a good start, but I must say that dash is bloody boring haha!
Thanks given by:
the whole interior makes you want to cry.
but its SO comfy!!! its ubber lounge
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
One of my best friends has had loads of these, you do honestly want to rip the dash out its that bad but makes up for it with that suspension!! I had a large rear end crash years ago, completely wreaked my audi!! Shows how fast the sprinter van was goin!! But got really bad back problems from it and goin out in a car was extreamlly painful but goin out in his xantia was like being on a cloud!! Big Grin lol anyway great car mate, have always wanted to see one "played" with lol
Thanks given by:
Always quite fancied one myself seeing as BXs are practically extinct, they do a 2.1 XUD as well Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I always thought these were on the semi-ecu boschs?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
no, certainly not the early ones
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is this in NI by any chance lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
^^ just what I was going to say lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 07:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: couple of things...

one, its awesome, I love the fact its galvanised body n fibreglass boot n bonnet mean it will never corrode n stays light

two: you can firm up the suspension by getting the spheres set at higher pressures.
and also lowering can done with two spanners
Yes, the chassis is complete solid no rusting at all! but although there is some rust which i have sorted, the common xantia fault, the rubber boot below the strut top cracks and allows water in, and rusting begins.. But I have sorted that out with a wire brush and 2 coats of under seal. Yes the car is in NI, so far i have replaced the spheres and fixed the speedo, booked in for MOT next thursday Confused And the stealths are only on because i got them for free, no buckles or welds and tyres were only 30 pound each.
Thanks given by:
yeah dat is only place they do rust!! strut through the bonnet!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
had a couple of these, and tbh there are another couple of common rust areas - the sill-rear quarter join suffer rot on both sides, as the rubber bung at the rear end of the sill (in the wheel arch) rots away and lets water in,
the other one is in the middle of the rear quarter opposite the fuel cap, because they were made symmetrical so the filler could be either side, the inner wing sits against the outer skin, and if the boot seal leaks, it leads stright to this area - rusts it out eventually

nice drives though, love the little lever next to the handbrake for the height - played with that for an hour or so when i first got it Smile

really wish i knew what citroen were thinking when they put the handbrake on the front wheels though Rofl
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 07:38 PM)John1.4 Wrote: had a couple of these, and tbh there are another couple of common rust areas - the sill-rear quarter join suffer rot on both sides, as the rubber bung at the rear end of the sill (in the wheel arch) rots away and lets water in,
the other one is in the middle of the rear quarter opposite the fuel cap, because they were made symmetrical so the filler could be either side, the inner wing sits against the outer skin, and if the boot seal leaks, it leads stright to this area - rusts it out eventually

nice drives though, love the little lever next to the handbrake for the height - played with that for an hour or so when i first got it Smile

really wish i knew what citroen were thinking when they put the handbrake on the front wheels though Rofl
now that you say that, im going to have check that out tomorrow, thanks much appreciated! as for the handbrake, its poo.. was thinking of getting a hydraulic handbrake separate and plumb in it into the back calipers, but its looking to be not worth
the hassle, due to the brakes, steering and suspension in the one system, and end result ends up no steering, no brakes and the car just drops.. that and the fact i nearly positive that the handbrake cylinder wouldn't be able to use LHM fluid.
Thanks given by:
I know these are adjustable ride height, but how do you keep them as low as possible without them self raising?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 11:41 PM)padge Wrote: I know these are adjustable ride height, but how do you keep them as low as possible without them self raising?
I think thats the hydra active version correct me if im wrong, i cant remember the name of the old set up (on the pre hdi models) you can drive it full down, but its actually like a go kart, the rams bottom out and sit metal to metal, and its basically a gokart, worse than a "feltspec" 306, etc.. and since theres no fluid in the rams, its all back into the reservoir, which means yours brakes are either on or off, there is no easing on them.. plus that and the fact the car is that bouncy, your wheels lock up and you will plough into a car infront, hedge etc lol
Thanks given by:
awwww, so theres no way to drive around lowered properly? lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 01:11 AM)padge Wrote: awwww, so theres no way to drive around lowered properly? lol
from my understanding, its implausible, unless an xantia guru comes along and enlightens the subject, that or if your on a motorway doing about 50 to be safe if someone cuts infront of you..Confused
Thanks given by:
there is an adjusting screw....cant remember where it is now...but it adjusts 'normal' height.
you can drop -25mm or so with no issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
reading the wiki of these and apparently the handling is pretty darn good since the back axle moves when turning
" In the Swedish magazine Teknikens Värld's moose test the 1999 model of Xantia V6 Activa still holds the record speed through the manoeuvre - faster than the Porsche 996 GT2.[2]"
" On sweeping curves and tight bends alike, the rear wheels turn in line with the front wheels, sharpening responses and adding to driver pleasure."
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Looks well on the stealths, comfy big buses these I know of a black one forsale full leather etc with 17 khans on it for not powerful money would near be tempted but ive my head set on a toledo or golf next year so the money's stayin put lol

Know of a few boys who where fit to drive theres fully down but as said there bouncy as f*ck then lol
Thanks given by:
Just been looking at the interiors, I kind of like the dash, looks retro.
Thanks given by: