Modified car article in the Guardian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified car article in the Guardian
Well, just making my porridge today waiting for it to get done in the microwave and the guardian magazine is sitting on the side (I don't buy it, my mother does, raving wannabe socialite that she is) and I decide to open it, to see this article on the front page:

Nice to see a grass roots car scene getting into a mainstream newspaper. I am not too sure I agree with what it says in the article about it being more about the people than the cars though. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would appreciate the social side of it, but it is mainly about your machine and what you do with it, IMHAO.

If this was 2003 I perhaps wouldn't have been so surprised about modifying getting into a mainstream newspaper (albeit the magazine part) but now all of the modifying culture seems to have died down from it's hay day in the early 2000s.

Just a little something I thought you guys might like Wink
Thanks given by:
Clearly you've never been to any meet.. For me it is now barely about the cars but about seeing my friends..
Thanks given by:
^ This exactly
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why do you people always make negative comments Angry Everyone has a go at me for trying to start an argument, you lot try to start something in every thread! Anyway that was my opinion, not a statement of fact. Show some appreciation for the effort I have gone to to scan and upload the friggin' article you ungrateful gits.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:36 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Why do you people always make negative comments FFS Angry Everyone has a go at me for trying to start an argument, you lot try to start something in every thread! Anyway that was my opinion, not a statement of fact. Show some appreciation for the effort I have gone to to scan and upload the friggin' article you ungrateful gits.

Thank you for taking that 2 minutes out of your day to provide us with this information, I am eternally thankful o mighty researcher

I could have saved you that time and just given you a link though
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/short...-community
Thanks given by:
Hardly a negative comment btw..

For me it's a combination - I go to car shows to see the cars, I go to smaller OC meets to see the people... End of the day, I like cars, I want to see great cars, admittedly they're few and far between, but at shows it's a case of you have to sift through the shite to see the proper awesome stuff...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:38 PM)vlj Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 03:36 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Why do you people always make negative comments FFS Angry Everyone has a go at me for trying to start an argument, you lot try to start something in every thread! Anyway that was my opinion, not a statement of fact. Show some appreciation for the effort I have gone to to scan and upload the friggin' article you ungrateful gits.

Thank you for taking that 2 minutes out of your day to provide us with this information, I am eternally thankful o mighty researcher

I could have saved you that time and just given you a link though
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/short...-community

That's more like it. But no it didn't take 2 minutes, more like 10 minutes because I had to diagnose a network fault first before I could scan them. Well if I knew there was a link I would have done thatUndecided
Thanks given by:
Tbh i agree with most above. You go to a few shows and you have pretty much seen it all. I only went to FCS this year for the camping and pug fest because their gravel needed plowing.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:45 PM)Ruan Wrote: For me it's a combination - I go to car shows to see the cars, I go to smaller OC meets to see the people... End of the day, I like cars, I want to see great cars, admittedly they're few and far between, but at shows it's a case of you have to sift through the shite to see the proper awesome stuff...

I'm kinda the opposite, I go to shows to socalise and get stupid drunk with all the incredible people off here. I go to local meets to see the cars as the only stuff I'm really interested in is stuff off here that I just want a closer look at or a chat with the owner about.
Thanks given by:
Same here, even at shows its the meet aspect of it that's more fun...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
That steering wheel cover is all kinds of awesome....
Thanks given by:
Lol, why is he banned now?
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Why not? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you lot are to hard on this guy lighten up abit FFS!
Thanks given by:
Well he doesn't exactly do himself any favours does he? Personally, ive got nothing against him, yeah ok he spouts some nonsense, but who doesn't from time to time? Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 03:45 PM)Ruan Wrote: Hardly a negative comment btw..

For me it's a combination - I go to car shows to see the cars, I go to smaller OC meets to see the people... End of the day, I like cars, I want to see great cars, admittedly they're few and far between, but at shows it's a case of you have to sift through the shite to see the proper awesome stuff...

Haha, cheeky bugger! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 12:06 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Why not? lol

Lol thank you for answering my question.....

...not Itwasntme
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Glad to be of service! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 02:43 PM)Rich306 Wrote:

...not Itwasntme
The reason for banning him doesn't need to be known Smile
Thanks given by:
I have been to a few car shows, this year I went to MG Live, that was good crac, chatting to the racers, as for meets sadly there hasn't been a north east meet for 2 years, due to lack of members. I am the only active one now, I still keep in coms with chris from the other forum. we don't go on about the 306 but more about the sleeper side of things, as his car was just as sleeper as mine.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 03:06 PM)Scott Wrote: The reason for banning him doesn't need to be known Smile
ninja

But on a serious note everybody needs to play nicely or you'll catch me one day either drunk or in a bad mood or both and I'll just ban EVERYONE involved in any way.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 03:06 PM)Scott Wrote:

...not Itwasntme

He didn't steal you dust caps again lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 03:06 PM)Scott Wrote:

...not Itwasntme

Oh really now..... Sleepy
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Diagnose a network fault first. I did actually lol. I love this guy.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF article Magenta Sunset 5 1,667 25-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  "Felt Spec" A dedicated article on the matter.. Tmcilvar 51 20,139 20-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Guardian open journalism: Three Little Pigs advert - video Welshy_Pete 10 1,900 08-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii