Rear wiper playing up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear wiper playing up
The rear wiper on my 2001 hdi has just started to play up. Got in it this morning put it on to clear the rear screen and nothing, i had a quick look at lunch time, and it seems if you open and then close the boot lid it starts working again. Then on the way home i went to put it on and it wouldn't work again, so pulled over and hit the boot lid in the area of the wiper and it worked again and has been ok since.

Going to have a look tomorrow if the weather is ok and check the plugs on the motor, Is there any common faults to look for, or is it time for a new rear wiper motor??

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
I was about to post the same thread, as mine is doing the same. As with all the other electrics on my car, it seems averse to the cold, too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
it's usually the relay in the wiper motor its self, try cleaning the contacts up or replace it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nice one, i had a quick look tonight, and there was a blue relay in there, and that was in the place that i hit the boot to get it working, so will have a better look tomorrow and clean the contacts up, and maybe look out for another one.

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2013, 12:00 AM)titch Wrote: Nice one, i had a quick look tonight, and there was a blue relay in there, and that was in the place that i hit the boot to get it working, so will have a better look tomorrow and clean the contacts up, and maybe look out for another one.

Cheers Titch

no worries, had the same on my first 2 306's lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mine was messing about, wouldn't stop running even when the stalk was set to off, so I dewipered the boot. Much better. Never had a problem with it since! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep its the relay. They are in a prime location for getting wet so peugeots recall answer to this was simple. Plastic bag and a cable tie lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2013, 12:07 PM)Niall Wrote: Yep its the relay. They are in a prime location for getting wet so peugeots recall answer to this was simple. Plastic bag and a cable tie lol

Cheers for the replies fellas, took the relay out this morning cleaned up the contacts and put some wd40 in the connection all back together and working fine, even with the boot being opened and slammed shut, so will see how it goes.

Titch
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2013, 02:42 PM)titch Wrote:
(19-10-2013, 12:07 PM)Niall Wrote: Yep its the relay. They are in a prime location for getting wet so peugeots recall answer to this was simple. Plastic bag and a cable tie lol

Cheers for the replies fellas, took the relay out this morning cleaned up the contacts and put some wd40 in the connection all back together and working fine, even with the boot being opened and slammed shut, so will see how it goes.

Titch

nice one..don't be shy to rep me will you Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear wiper blowing fuse 28 MattDanPug 5 2,416 22-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Wiper Wiring Synchro 2 1,493 19-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: HDi--Power
  Rear wiper & MOT question PartyJas 4 1,241 13-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: PartyJas