307 1.6HDI sport or non sport

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 1.6HDI sport or non sport
Hello folks

My other half is looking at another secondhand car to replace her 306 vivant.
She has leaned towards the 306's new cousin the 307.
Now the problem is i aint a scooby doo about the 307's, i am just guessing its just as french as the 306, and even more of a disaster in terms of the froggy electrics and computers on board. Now i am not electrical minded just good with spanners.

Wanted to ask your opinion on this car and model and in specific the stuff to look out for , and stuff to avoid.

Ie What sorts of stuff pack up around what mileages? Injectors pumps etc
As i know derv stuff aint that cheap.

cheers in advance
Thanks given by:
Isn't it dual mass flywheels on these engines?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
DMF and DPF on these as far as I know! Both things possible to fail before 100k tbh, but its luck really, they can last a lot longer without issue.

If you get a 2.0 90bhp HDi they have neither of these.
Thanks given by:
yeah DMF are very expensive things, what is a DPF????
Thanks given by:
Diesel Particulate Filter - also very expensive if they go wrong! And unlike a cat, you can't just remove it when it breaks, you'd have to have it mapped out of the ECU.
Thanks given by:
so to avoid this just buy a german derv then. or a 2.0 hdi
Thanks given by:
My mate has one, amazing little car for what you can pay for then. His is on 56k and doesn't miss a beat.

Persuaded to get Eli to one tbh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Nah, most newer cars have one of them usually. So far I've avoided DPF's with MK4 Golfs and a Vectra CDTi....however both have had (and broken) a DMF.

The way to avoid it is buy older or buy petrol unfortunately!

In the case of the 307 though, yeah the 2.0 HDi 90 is the same as the one in 306s, so none of the newer things. Mate at college bought a 1.6 HDi XSi and had no end of engine problems with it, DPF, injectors, electrics, wasn't even high milage. The seats were nice though. lol
Thanks given by:
Insurance wise are they friendly little things, or do the companys like to drop ur pants and go in dry on ur cinnamon ring so you get a tear jerker???
Thanks given by:
Some 1.6 hdi didn't have a dmf some was solid flywheel. But the majority are dmf. no dpf on theses that's old tech these have FAP systems which require an eloy addictive fill up around 80k mark. Turbos are a big problem amongst all dv6 engines in all manufactures including BMW and ford. severe carbon build up and long service intervals. Cambelt around 108k according to peugeot! 307s seem to have always been plagued with electrical problems one of the first models to go full canbus. Also seem to chew through tyres
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Well that's an interesting way of phrasing it. Confused

They're not too bad on insurance tbh, cheaper than a 306 HDi for me....but then so are most things lol. Insurers just pick numbers out of a hat anyway. Wink
Thanks given by:
well certainly the whole of Aviva management and callcentre staff wanted to gang bang me for 4K to insure me with all my convictions and claims, even with my 9 years Protected NCD. Insurance companies are a law unto themselves
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 03:46 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Some 1.6 hdi didn't have a dmf some was solid flywheel. But the majority are dmf. no dpf on theses that's old tech these have FAP systems which require an eloy addictive fill up around 80k mark. Turbos are a big problem amongst all dv6 engines in all manufactures including BMW and ford. severe carbon build up and long service intervals. Cambelt around 108k according to peugeot! 307s seem to have always been plagued with electrical problems one of the first models to go full canbus. Also seem to chew through tyres

Whats the difference between DPF and FAP? FAP is just the French brand for DPFs as far as I'm aware.

(18-10-2013, 03:51 PM)pugvivant Wrote: well certainly the whole of Aviva management and callcentre staff wanted to gang bang me for 4K to insure me with all my convictions and claims, even with my 9 years Protected NCD. Insurance companies are a law unto themselves

Tbh if you could get off your phone while driving that should drop your premium a bit. lol
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 03:51 PM)pugvivant Wrote: well certainly the whole of Aviva management and callcentre staff wanted to gang bang me for 4K to insure me with all my convictions and claims, even with my 9 years Protected NCD. Insurance companies are a law unto themselves

Tbh if you could get off your phone while driving that should drop your premium a bit. lol
[/quote]

yeah to like 2k that would just be the Aviva management getting me on all fours.

managed to find some one to get me insured for just slightly over a monkey fully comp with every claim and conviction declared. So cant argue right at the moment
Thanks given by:
Having sport will ra*e you simples...

406 executive 500 fully comp
406 sport (same car just different seats and a sport badge)...£850 fully comp
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Fap system uses a chemical to burn of carbon on a regeneration cycle. This happens when the car is at a set speed/load on a motorway it will inject the chemical and burn the carbon Effectively cleaning itself. This is a problem because if it's going through a regen cycle of around 10minutes if it's not complete the carbon isn't burned off till the next cycle and they often become blocked. And need to be manually cleaned or taken to a dealership for a forced regeneration. I believe PSA was the first to introduce it.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 04:12 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Having sport will ra*e you simples...

i aint down for no sausage up me arris
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 04:15 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Fap system uses a chemical to burn of carbon on a regeneration cycle. This happens when the car is at a set speed/load on a motorway it will inject the chemical and burn the carbon Effectively cleaning itself. This is a problem because if it's going through a regen cycle of around 10minutes if it's not complete the carbon isn't burned off till the next cycle and they often become blocked. And need to be manually cleaned or taken to a dealership for a forced regeneration. I believe PSA was the first to introduce it.

Its still a DPF though, just with the Eolys fluid to lower the combustion temp of the soot particles.

A lot of vehicles use the same system with the Eolys (Mondeos, Mk5 Golf and equivalent VAGs for example, as I've been looking at these lately lol) but they still call it a DPF.

FAP just stands for 'Filtre à particules'.
Thanks given by:
Tbh the whole dmf thing is a bit overplayed on cars, I think the PDs have a bad reputation for them, as do the early Ford Camchain tdcis... Most Peugeot stuff other than the early 110hdis which were the first to have them are pretty ok tbh, the 2.0 16v HDIs seem to have little problem with them, I've not heard a rattly one yet... I'm sure if you drive like an arse hole and just abuse them repeatedly, but only in the same way as you blame tyres for excessive wear if you keep doing full throttle launches out of junctions...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 04:15 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Fap system uses a chemical to burn of carbon on a regeneration cycle. This happens when the car is at a set speed/load on a motorway it will inject the chemical and burn the carbon Effectively cleaning itself. This is a problem because if it's going through a regen cycle of around 10minutes if it's not complete the carbon isn't burned off till the next cycle and they often become blocked. And need to be manually cleaned or taken to a dealership for a forced regeneration. I believe PSA was the first to introduce it.

My ex boss told me not to buy a new diesel because of these systems, silly costs to service the systems and stupid money to repair them - prices maybe lower now as we discussed it last mot

(18-10-2013, 04:15 PM)pugvivant Wrote:
(18-10-2013, 04:12 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Having sport will ra*e you simples...

i aint down for no sausage up me arris

lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Style Or Sport? What does Dturbo “s” mean? Dmills306 10 4,654 20-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Genuine Peugeot sport spoiler custom-decals2012 5 1,434 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Peugeot Sport Feature from Auto Express Orta 2 1,118 18-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum