Intercooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercooler
Is there any reason why it cant go behind the rad? I know that once the air has passed the rad, it will be warmer. Warmer air passing by the intercooler will of course lead to slightly higher charge temps but will it really make a noticeable difference?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've seen a couple of setups where it's behind the rad, but TBH there's a reason why 99% put them in front of the rad..........

It looks much better.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It does however im going for a stealthy look anyway. One reason why i bought a second hand cooler (well, that and im a tight bastard lol)
I will be trying to fit it infront because it would be ideal for me to also mount my oil cooler on top of it but i dont want to have to chop the body work at all.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Then you're going to struggle, unless you fit a narrower rad, there's nearly always not enough room
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
How big is the cooler? Both my coolers fit behind the bumper I front of the rad.
Thanks given by:
Megane R26 intercooler.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-megane...338606496b

Its probably 25cm tall and width, almost identical to the rad. Passengers side is fine. The outlet for that side just passes the rad but the other side is a bit of a bastard due to the angle of the outlet and the expansion bottle being there.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Go for a rag in gti get it up to normal running temps jump out unplug the fans then put you hand behind the rad and feel how hot that air is, IMO its a huge difference to the atmospheric temps it would be getting infront of the rad,

OHHHH and id be massively surprised if you could get you cooler down the back of the rad any sense,

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah thats my worry is i know the air coming through will be warmer but how much so, i really dont know.
And it would fit. I wont be having much down the bottom there!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah thats my worry is i know the air coming through will be warmer but how much so, i really dont know.
And it would fit. I wont be having much down the bottom there!

alot IMO,

with you charger not having any kind of oil coiling id want to be getting that charge temp down as much as possible

Thanks given by:
Yeah thats a good point, i suppose the Eatons to run a lot hotter than other superchargers.
Will be ripping the car to pieces this weekend so will see what i can do with it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
twin SMIC with undertray air scoops and relocate the washer bottle, jobs a goodun

Thanks given by:
Nah sod that, too much like hard work. Ill fit it somehow!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have managed to get my fmic a bit further back away from bumper...for a number of reasons...and looking at it from the front unless you knew what to look for the fmic is well hidden.
i am running my oil cooler behind the coolant rad though and all my temps sit bang on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Genuinely think you'd be better off with NO ic than behind the rads
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: