AAAARRRRGGGGHHH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAAARRRRGGGGHHH
new lambda sensor arrived in the post - fitted - idles at 3k... i mean WTF IT'S A NEW PART IT SHOULD WORK FINE! IF THEY'VE SENT ME THE WRONG ONE I'M GONNA DISEMBOWEL SOMEONE.. refitted the old shit one, and guess what - still idles at 2.5-3k !!! at this point i'm thinking OMGWTFFUCIHY, new idle control valve - it's the wrong F*****G SHAPE! only one of the bolts line up, and when you go to fit it, it seems loose as if it isn't sealing - REASON FOR THAT - it doesn't seal, so now i have to fork out more for another peice of chinese crap that does fit but won't seal, and possibly another lambda (which wasn't chinese and was actually expensive) that probably won't kill the problem - *goes to breathe in paper bag*

i need a diesel
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Unplug the ECU with the new Lambda installed. leave it for half an hour and see if that fixes it Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
the man has a point, still need to wait for the new idle valve though, the old magnetti one is very broken, and the cheap ebay one was exactly that, it probably had as much chance of idling a sheep as my car
Thanks given by:
Well, lesson learnt, buy cheap, buy twice Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Reset ecu iy will be fine

Thanks given by:
bought a new one from GSF - same as the other one! phoning up now to ask politely why the wrong one was sent...
Thanks given by:
Have you driven it yet? It should settle after a drive. I had the same issue with a lambda, took a 20 mile drive to settle it and finnaly turn the EML off.

Unfortunately I also had a cheap ICV but that never settled, it went in the bin after a couple of days lol.
Thanks given by:
well the gsf one is going back, it was in the wrong packaging, and even then it was only in a zip-lock bag, and is probably in itself...chinese...lol

plugged the cheapo one in with a washer on the second bolt to hold the bottom end of it in, and a load of instant gasket to seal it properly, put the new lambda back in, and connected it all up to the battery...

WORKING YAAAHHHHHH Smile Smile Smile had a quick Bwarp up the road to get some petrol, and it actually feels loads better and surprisingly a little faster...lol (faster for a 1.4 meaning louder, not actually faster)
Thanks given by: