Recommend me a router!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a router!
Righto this is whats on, my router is newish, thunder storm fried the last one. Now this one looks pretty techy and is N speed so i thought shit that'll work. How wrong was i. Every now and again it "dies" meaning the wifi stops working and you have to unplug it and plug it back in again to make it work. Sometimes the wired connections carry on working, other times they pack up aswell. But lately like when the Sky box is downloading Falling Skies seasons for me to watch, i have had to reset it 3 times in the last half hour. Yes its that bad.

The heap in question is a: Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Modem Router F5D8632-4A

Would link to there site, but that seems to be failing as well, ironically.

So yeah if people know how to sort it out, shoot. Otherwise lets find something that can actually handle the internet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Netgear every single time!

Edit - http://www.cclonline.com/product/30197/D...r/NET1146/
Thanks given by:
only had problems with belkin stuff. we have been running netgear stuff for years. we have had 3 of them!
Thanks given by:
Asus, every day of the week.

I run an ASUS N56. Mega fast wifi, gigabit ports, 10 gigabit link up to my main router, 300000 concurrent data connections. etc etc
JP
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 07:04 PM)jammapic Wrote: Asus, every day of the week.

I run an ASUS N56. Mega fast wifi, gigabit ports, 10 gigabit link up to my main router, 300000 concurrent data connections. etc etc

so many pronz.
Thanks given by:
N56U here too, like it a lot but the 5ghz performance isn't as great as I thought it'd be, not getting the signal strength from it I thought I would, mind you I think I read 5ghz doesn't penetrate (giggidy) thick walls as well as 2.4ghz, thick old brick house here.

Options and hardware wise it's very good though!
Thanks given by:
f*ck all of these bullshit suggestions, Netgear DGN2000 is what you want. They are cheap as chips and so common that every ISP has support info for them. I picked one up off eGay for a £10er and it still does the job better than the Billion my mum bought for around £80 quid. The Billion has now been relegated to a spare. I also recommend the DG Team firmware for it as well, it offers a lot of tunability and diagnostic functions which the standard firmware doesn't.
Thanks given by:
Anything you can reflash with dd-wrt...

Just get an N capable router and stick dd-wrt on.... Turns it into one of the most capable routers going.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 08:40 AM)Ruan Wrote: Anything you can reflash with dd-wrt...

Just get an N capable router and stick dd-wrt on.... Turns it into one of the most capable routers going.

Thats a good idea.

Reccommend me a router to put it on? My Belkin isnt compatible. Im not suprised, it not compatible with the f*cking internet let alone anything else.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Basically, anything listed here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

I used to run it on a Belkin DIR-615, but I ditched it as the processor wasn't quick enough for 120mb virgin media, plus it didn't have gigabit lan / wan ports.

ASUS all day, you don't need DD-WRT it has everything you really need - plus it's mega fast....
JP
Thanks given by:
We had a netgear router in the last house, utter crap. would panic kick everyone but one person of the connection and only allow them to reconnect after the router had restarted. That would happen daily until EE supplied us with their new one and no problems afterwards
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with ADSL wireless router DeeTurbo 6 2,194 31-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Home network problem - crashing router ginge191 17 6,160 27-01-2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Talktalk Huawei HG633 router Parental Control cully 23 11,477 06-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Last Post: silverzx