2013 BTCC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 BTCC
Wink 
Big congratulations to Andrew Jordan for winning the 2013 BTCC! You totally deserve it mate, well done ThumbsUp Man it was a big scare in the second race. Well done for getting the job done in the 3rd!
Thanks given by:
Great days Racing. Give me BTCC over F1 anyday!

Felt sorry for Turkington getting spun round, and then punted by his team mate off on the first corner of the first race though. The battle for 1st in the last round was awesome! Love a wet race.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure Andrew Jordan is a regular on here mate, nice thought though. Not often you see the little guy come out on top in a championship this big, makes a nice change.

Jack Goff did an amazing job of taking on Shedden in that last race, fair play to him, hasn't had the best season up until now, always being stuck in the mid-pack.

BTCCftmfw!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Christ is Gordon Shedden still around?!?!

I miss the old days, Rickard Rydell, Frank Biela, Nigel Mansell, Steve Soper...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
He is, won the championship last year. Christ those names bring back memories, didn't rydell end up in rallying or something..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i got worried for andy jordon in the 2nd race, as it would be nice to see someone else win it for a change. plus andys been mustard for the last few years! own the independ one twice now! so yesterday was a double for him!
the old boys as liam mention, one is in the wtcc i think, i yvan muller is, and alain menu was.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 11:25 AM)Poodle Wrote: He is, won the championship last year. Christ those names bring back memories, didn't rydell end up in rallying or something..?

Think so yeah, but I'll always remember him for launching an 850 estate over kerbs!
Thanks given by:
How old are you guys? Surely you were too young to remember those drivers!? I would have been about 8 back then, I know because those drivers were in the "TOCA 2 British Touring Cars" PC game that I had which was based on the 98 season.
Thanks given by:
I'm 31, got into Btcc during the glory era of the mid 90's when every major manufacturer had a works team just before the aero packages came in thanks to the Alfa 155. Didn't bother much during the noughties but got back into it over the last few years!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Im 26, and got into it from 7-8 because my dad was a huge fan Wink
Thanks given by:
Im 27, but again used to watch it with dad, got back into it a few years ago. Alan Gow has got the formula for entertaining racing absolutely nailed now lol, although I do miss the 30+ car grids.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If only my parents were into these things. I think I started watching of my own accord in 2003. Can't believe that was nearly 11 years ago! Funny thing is, it doesn't look all that different since the regulations affecting new car designs came in to effect in 2001.
Thanks given by:
lol yeah time flies, it's been a long time coming for jordan to get a real good result,

everyone was using the super2000 rules up until the last couple of years when they started to phase in the ngtc cars, and those rules are largely based on the s2k rules, so makes sense Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Btcc Thruxton Jonny81191 8 1,086 09-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: toseland