Gobby people at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gobby people at work
Here goes I work for a housing association been a gardener. 4 of us in a team group of 2 with 2 vans. Me and the supervisor ended up working together all the time so we have stayed as a team but the lad that was with me before has started working with our other member and getting mouthy. Saying we are lazy and he carries us meaning does more work and ours. Yesterday he sat in the van all day so I did the same to him general banter then today he he start basically saying I beta stop what I'm doing I was putting a back pack blower in the van :confused: so I'm like what, oh just leave it cause if you don't you will find out. He asks like he knows more than people that have been here 10+ years compared to his 3 years. There is more but it's already like a essay. So my question should I leave it and see if he chills out or do what I e been wanting to do and ripp his head off? Out of work hours of course can't get in trouble with the boss then Wink
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Can still get in trouble if you do something out of work!!

My ex boss got the sack for having a go at one of the team on a night out!!
Thanks given by:
i got 4 weeks suspension demoted and written warning for having a go at a member of my staff!
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drop the fucker and tell him to tuck his tool up!

On a serious note, why don't the three of you club together and knock him down a station?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Its only banter, just give it back.
obviously if your working with the supervisor he'd say if there was any issues.
Thanks given by:
Is banter but now he trying to threaten me lol. Supervisor isn't really supervisor material to be honest
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Eh i dont understand much of that karl!

But if hes not your supervisor or manager and your doing your job and hes telling you not to.... Tell him to ring whoever is above him and explain to him what hes explaining to you?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Right mate, first things first, DO NOT take this into your own hands, if you hit him and management gets wind, they are legally bound to discipline you on the grounds that people should not have to deal with physical violence at work, and you'd be unlikely to survive that kind of disciplinary.

First, speak to your supervisor. He's seen whats happened, he's your first port of call, tell him you shouldn't have to deal with threats at work. Also, highlight the fact that he's refusing to work and sitting in the van, and don't do that yourself. Your supervisor should have a "recorded discussion" with him, talking over his issues and underlining the fact that his behaviour is unnacceptable, then ask him to sign a document of the conversation points. Then, if he continues your supervisor can follow the written warning process and then a formal disciplinary for unnacceptable behaviour (for the threats) and failure to comply with reasonable management requests (refusing to work).

If your supervisor refuses to do anything, go over his head. Find out who his manager is and advise him that you spoke to your supervisor first who dismissed your concerns, he'll take a pretty dim view of that Wink

I've had dicks like that on my team, and I sacked one of them pretty quickly...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
either give back some banter all in good humour. Dont make any snide remarks etc. Even with co-workers you get on with I wouldnt bitch about him. Just humour him with them too. Makes you seem like the nice guy and all.
Thanks given by:
My supervisor he is too leenient always letting people get away with things. Will see how we go today at work. If no change the GOBBY college has a 10mile walk home wile I'm coaling past him Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately I couldn't quite make heads nor tails of what you were asking/saying (must be a northern thing) but from reading the other posts it seems you are proposing giving him a smack?

It's not worth it bud there are a couple of people like that where I work but luckily they are in the minority and everyone else is okay and knows they are grumpy old sods anyway.

Just try to remind yourself that you are paid to work with them and put up with them, if they are threating you then just laugh, it really winds people up even if you think they are serious just pretend that you thing they are joking so they don't have a leg to stand on. If they think that you think they are joking and then if you suddenly pretend to take them seriously and say you will report them it will shit them up reaaaaaaaaal quick Big Grin

But you've got to be convincing and save it as your last resort otherwise they will know you are calling their bluff.

So yeah, laugh at everything in a kind of "nice joke mate" kind of manner even if they are being obviously serious but if you think they have overstepped the mark then quickly switch it up to catch them out, works every time.

Edit: This is for persistent dickheads obviously, not just "banter" situations.
Thanks given by:
Just get on with your work mate. As long add you get on with what needs doing on its all done on time. Then your supervisor will see your not the problem.

Cos im training for assistant manager at work I have to open and run store with another assistant on sundays. One day I had a older assistant come in that doesnt know what shes doing dont know how she did all the training.
If it wasnt for me that day then nothing would of got done! I did all manager stuff, frozen stock and grocery stock while she just did chilled stock.
There was alot of stuff that didnt get done. But she went on to telling the manager it was all my fault! Id already told another assistant manager what had happened and he agrees thats what she's like. Manager agreed that I know what im doing and always get on with it. She ended up loosing being assistant manager.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i have worked with some bitchy and lazy bastards, id just bide your time and cover our own arse. as when it kicks off and it will. you can its got f*ck all to do with me, as i have done my fare share,
Or do what i did, and jump to another section. that sharp stirred things up! now i laugh at my old section, as lot of people have had to kick things right up a gear!
Thanks given by:
Just ignore him, get on with life. Not even worth getting wound up by idiots!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: