Anyone read books?? Any good reads to suggest??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone read books?? Any good reads to suggest??
Evening all

Wanted to find out if anyone has an interest in reading books whatever thr genre.

Im after some suggestions of worthwhile reading material.
Not the usual razzle, high st honey, over 40's , fiesta and viz.
Thanks given by:
try some Tolken stuff...but not the most famous books...

try Children of Hurin
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lee Evans' book isn't bad. It's, quite obviously, funny but also gives a good insight to his life.
Thanks given by:
You might have already seen The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but the Millennium trilogy (the series that the films are based on) is very good Smile
Thanks given by:
Just finished reading wild thing a book about Lewis Yates.

Top book
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the response, being a bit more specific, im after buying a book for a friend to read on her long flight, i havent the first scooby doo about books, im more a picture person, big melons and landing strip sort.

If i was to walk into to whsmiths or waterstones, id be pretty much out of my depth. So any pointers in the rignt direction would help. Ps i dont know what genre she is into, which doesnt give any help i know. But she is flying saturday and i need to get something PDQ.
Thanks given by:
Something that has a gripping story I'd guess to make the flight go quicker. Take a look on a best sellers list? That should be a good indicator of what is decent.
Thanks given by:
asimov is a good read whatever book imo, but the foundation saga (6 books) is brilliant 'not able to put the book down' stuff

douglas adams - hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is a good read too, you can get the first 4 books all in 1 if you look in the right places - search for the 'trilogy in 4 parts', also the 'long dark teatime of the soul' is a fab read.

seconded on the less famous (if there is such a thing) tolkein books, children of hurin deffo worth reading Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 07:59 PM)pugvivant Wrote: Thanks for the response, being a bit more specific, im after buying a book for a friend to read on her long flight, i havent the first scooby doo about books, im more a picture person, big melons and landing strip sort.

If i was to walk into to whsmiths or waterstones, id be pretty much out of my depth. So any pointers in the rignt direction would help. Ps i dont know what genre she is into, which doesnt give any help i know. But she is flying saturday and i need to get something PDQ.

All the birds.......errrr, women I know are still raving about 50 shades of grey! I prefer Lee child's series of Jack Reacher books myself
Thanks given by:
Totally depends what shes into. do you know any books that shes read in the past?
a game of thrones is an epic read but depends if shes into fantasy like that

She may enjoy this I a friend who is a girl gave me it to read, and it is good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thousand-Splendi...0747582971

Bestsellers are always a good shout though

Could try browsing this site, its useful

http://www.goodreads.com/

If shes into spy/action adventure novels then anything by Stephen Leather are incredibly good, such gripping reads
Thanks given by:
Stephen King's Dark Tower series is amazing. The first one is The Gunslinger Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Only ones with alot of pictures for me lmao
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't they have TV/WiFi on planes these days?
Thanks given by:
Depends on the airline tom and how far your flying. Books are better anyway
Thanks given by:
Id get her without a doubt... 50 shades of gay!

Personally though most ive read was chip, biff and kipper series!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some of the Haynes books are good like the track day manual and how to build your own sports car for £250.

Currently I'm trying to read my way through all of Clarksons books while I'm on the train and are incredibly funny in places.
Thanks given by:
Lol Chris, sure she'd love that.

Give us a clue, genre, style, era..? Personally I think theres nothing to beat terry pratchett, although douglas adams, tom holt and robert rankin are pretty good too. Find stuff like Tolkein a bit heavy-going these days, possibly because read th same way other people watch tv - ie to switch off my brain and live in someone elses world for a bit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^^ I didn't read the whole thread
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2013, 06:09 AM)Poodle Wrote: Personally I think theres nothing to beat terry pratchett...

Night Watch is my 2nd favourite book Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,640 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970