Fuel elbow thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Fuel elbow thing
Exclamation 
Those were vaughans words as to what I need.

She failed her mot this morning on a front brake hose and this bloody fuel leak..

For a hdi

Pleaaaaaase help me, I have 10 days. Heart
Thanks given by:
I got mine from peugeot. Fun times ahead for you!!!
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 01:16 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I got mine from peugeot. Fun times ahead for you!!!

how much was it from peugeot?
Thanks given by:
Cant remember, im thinking £30
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 01:29 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Cant remember, im thinking £30

oh bloody hell, thats probably my best bet though! but i'm not paying a garage to do it, they quoted me £60+vat for the one brake hose that is a tenner on cp4l. Sad
Thanks given by:
I had to do this last week.

wheel off
arch line off.
10mm nut holding fuel filler on
then undo the two clips holding the pipe on a twist and pull!
worth making sure its jacked up high to avoid loosing fuel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1- Wheel and arch liner off
2- Pliers are needed to get the awful clips off (those squeezy ones) no need to take the side skirts off
3- Look up in wheel arch, then remove nut that holds funny grey thing (fuel pump housing or something) onto arch
4- Remove black what appears to be breather hose from the white tube (at 3 o clock on the wheel arch, by the side skirt)
5- Pull fuel elbow off, catch fuel in container (lower and raise car with jack to get as much as possible out!)
6- My next bit of advice would be to throw the silly clips away and use jubillee clips to refit the new pipe, and id get a little one for the breather hose we took off in step 4
7- Slacken 2 bolts on passenger side (one near the rear wheel, one near the exhaust) and remove two bolts on drivers side (one in the middle of the car, one near the jacking up point, when you look underneath the car youll see the frame that holds the fuel tank up) Contrary to the haynes manual, i didnt remove the handbrake cable or exhaust to do this
8- smear fairy liquid around inside of both ends of new pipe, then fit to fuel tank, wobble funny grey thing to get it off the bolt, then line it up, so you can fit it onto the new elbow while turning the elbow (this part will be obvious when your doing it!)
9- apply new(or old) clips to pipe and put it all back together!
10- Enjoy car with no fuel leaks(hopefully!)

A guide I wrote taken from the other side (shudder)
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 01:37 PM)amiek Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 01:29 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Cant remember, im thinking £30

oh bloody hell, thats probably my best bet though! but i'm not paying a garage to do it, they quoted me £60+vat for the one brake hose that is a tenner on cp4l. Sad

Youll get a silly quote for a fuel elbow probably, silly really, would take me less than an hour with a ramp/car lift
Thanks given by:
lol fuel elbow thing lol filler neck?

Replacing it isn't a huge task in fairness, it's just a PITA getting everything to fit again once it's out! ring peugeot amie and get them to quote you for the filler neck; i assume this is what's broked anyway rather than the silicone elbow which joins the tank>
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guysssss! i'm sure vaughan and ginge will love the guides :p

i thought it was the silicone elbow, but i never let the garage check because i had work. might take it to the garage on my road and just be like "uhhh i have a fuel leak, pls tell me where from" and then never pay them to fix it... i mean i've never done that before Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 05:59 PM)ginge191 Wrote: lol fuel elbow thing lol filler neck?

No Ginge, fuel elbow. They all leak after a while.....smartarse!

Amie, i would sell you my spare one but Piggy nabbed it lol. Want me to get a price off of Service Box?

Edit: Did it anyway. £36.08 from pug Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

Amie, i would sell you my spare one but Piggy nabbed it lol. Want me to get a price off of Service Box?

problem with buying second hand is yeah you may only spend £15, but it may start leaking again 6 months down the line Sad
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 06:49 PM)vlj Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

problem with buying second hand is yeah you may only spend £15, but it may start leaking again 6 months down the line Sad

For important jobs I always buy new + when it's a bitch of a job I want to fit it and for forget about it..forget the £ you MAY save Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
36 is not bad. its such a bugger to do you dont want to be doing it more than once
Thanks given by:
£36 isn't bad at all! the garage would probably triple that at least.

so i'm going to get both parts for less than what they quoted me for one job, plus some beers for the helpers Smile not that bad i guess, could've been a lot worse.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:47 PM)amiek Wrote: £36 isn't bad at all! the garage would probably triple that at least.

so i'm going to get both parts for less than what they quoted me for one job, plus some beers for the helpers Smile not that bad i guess, could've been a lot worse.

Some beers?
You mean all the beers
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:48 PM)vlj Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 08:47 PM)amiek Wrote: £36 isn't bad at all! the garage would probably triple that at least.

Some beers?
You mean all the beers

True story Amie
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:48 PM)vlj Wrote:

Some beers?
You mean all the beers

who said you're getting any Speechless
Thanks given by:
Right hold on you work in a pub? Ill come and repair the car for a free lock in with free access to the pumps?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 09:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Right hold on you work in a pub? Ill come and repair the car for a free lock in with free access to the pumps?

you just missed the line cleaning, 3/4 free pints from every pump! saaaawwrryyy
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/dQqg6WrTOC8
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
£36 later...

The guy even made a point of saying its definitely the right part it will just be a nightmare to fit Doh
Thanks given by:
They really arent that bad at all....wheel off, arch liner out, 1x 10mm bolt off that holds the filler neck in place, undo the clamps and remove old one (having BFO bucket underneath to catch precious fuel) then fit new in reverse. Half hour job maximum!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  speedo cog thing and white sensor thing Will_306_hdi 3 1,027 21-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ben87