The Bavarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bavarian
Yeah, not a great idea imo, but seems to be a popular option anyway lol. Good luck with fitting the gt15 actuator!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 12:58 PM)welshpug Wrote: there would have been a banjo bolt in the same place on the 2.5, so unless you've clocked the housing it shouldn't be in the way.

Yeah, but the turbo probably sits differently on the 2.5 - further towards the front of the car at a guess.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the Turbo is further forward on the 6cyl. Defo try the GT15 actuator
Thanks given by:
Turbo sits one whole cylidner forwards on the 6 cyl, and also sits one whole cylinder further away from the front at the same time!

Of course the banjo bolt doesnt have to be in the same place on both blocks, this block is 2 cylinders shorter than the other!

Turbo has not been clocked at all its exactly how it was before.

Well the gt15 actuator wont fit behind as there isnt enough room, although it may fit in front if the bar is lengthened.

Shame im not doing this a year ago when i parked in a dry garage and had my own welder haha.
Thanks given by:
Looks like my gt2260v would bolt straight up Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 08:19 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Looks like my gt2260v would bolt straight up Big Grin

Hahaha, donate to a good cause?
Thanks given by:
ahaaaa, I thought you meant the Banjo on the turbo core not the one on the block!
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2013, 09:58 AM)welshpug Wrote: ahaaaa, I thought you meant the Banjo on the turbo core not the one on the block!

Haha, whoops!

Just ordered some boost pipes off a 325tds. I hope the one that goes from the compressor to the intercooler is long enough, otherwise i shall have to extend it!
Thanks given by:
aha, and I also noticed why it is proving tricky to fit the TD04, it sits on top of the manifold on the M51, not hanging underneath.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2013, 08:39 PM)welshpug Wrote: aha, and I also noticed why it is proving tricky to fit the TD04, it sits on top of the manifold on the M51, not hanging underneath.

Haha, only if they have a custom exhaust manifold! The air box sits above the manifold the turbo hangs underneath just like on the m41.

[Image: m51_turbo_04.jpg]
[Image: bmw_m41_d17_1_zps5812225f.jpg]

Also new shoes on.
Drove surprisingly well with no boost pipes haha. Could only use a quater throttle otherwise *smoke cloak activate*

Turbo sounds healthy ;D

More post to wait on
Thanks given by:
no custom manifold on mine.

[Image: 11220238384_2f4f973c13_c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 12:11 PM)welshpug Wrote: no custom manifold on mine.

[Image: 11220238384_2f4f973c13_c.jpg]

Wow! I have never seen one like that! What vehicle is that in? Cant find another one like it on the google.
Thanks given by:
1994 525 TDS.
Thanks given by:
AHa!

Think i have found it, looks like some of the e34 525tds had that arrangement!

Edit: argh didnt see your reply haha.
Thanks given by:
yup Big Grin these are new to me too, mine is an M51D25 OL, post 96 is M51D25TU OL which I guess must be when they changed, which was when the E39 started production.

[Image: 10857197453_1a6f679d4f.jpg]

[Image: rsz.php?username=chalkie&gap=0&size=800&...16_002.JPG]

this must be the later one, which wouldn't fit on my manifold as its a reverse of my turbo totally.

[Image: 411259_orig0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought i would get on the dash cam hype.

Quite easy to fit and has a wee battery so that it survives bad power (e.g. when engine is cranking and ignition is turned off so nothing corrupts)

Its a set and forget £30 ebay special, records in 720p and has a mega wide angle lense, wires up to the ignition so it starts and stops with the ignition.

All it does is record video in 3 minute segments until the memory card is full, then over write the oldest.

Unfortunately i cannot set the date and time without some kind of tv/computer screen in my car though, as you need a screen to access the menus! Sad

(no points for guessing where i went to buy a decent quality micro SD card) Tongue

[Image: IMG_3579_zps3e83c5a3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3580_zps823d98d1.jpg]
[Image: ocuk_zpsba18e411.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice...got a link, Im interested in getting one...

Whats the sound like? And what recording loop has it got?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 10:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nice...got a link, Im interested in getting one...

Whats the sound like? And what recording loop has it got?

This is the one i bought, standard its set not to record sound unless you ask it so, no idea tbh probably bad!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/720P-HD-mini-I...2498898%26

It records in 3 minute segments, but its 720p uncompressed AVI, so 3 minutes is actually 500meg! Not much of an issue with a 32gb micro SD card though, should do 192 minutes (ish) before it loops over, its not designed for capturing whole journeys, i think there are some more expensive ones that record in smaller formats, you have to pay royalties to make products that use H.264 etc. I got a class 10 micro SD from OCUK for £19.99 (comes with an adaptor to normal SD which is handy as my laptop has a standard SD reader in it.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...ubcat=1767

Did it mainly for other idiots on the road and also convoys into shows etc.
Thanks given by:
Some breif updating. More in the next few days.

Some clue like pictures meanwhile

[Image: 20140226_123916_zpsca228c86.jpg]
[Image: 1977315_10151919128071820_263224078_n_zps21124fe6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Only just seeing this thread now, fair play cracking into soldering the ecu.
I'm guessing one toggle switch is for an electric fan, but what about the other one? Always good to have the traction control button too!

Have a 325tds myself so already have the TD04 :-) Chipped aswel but still begging for more power, but off the road for the winter now sorting out issues like rust!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 02:17 PM)Harky Wrote: Only just seeing this thread now, fair play cracking into soldering the ecu.
I'm guessing one toggle switch is for an electric fan, but what about the other one? Always good to have the traction control button too!

Have a 325tds myself so already have the TD04 :-) Chipped aswel but still begging for more power, but off the road for the winter now sorting out issues like rust!

Toggle switch and the potentiometer are a fueling related mod, one which you can also do on your 325tds Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 07:29 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 02:17 PM)Harky Wrote: Only just seeing this thread now, fair play cracking into soldering the ecu.

Toggle switch and the potentiometer are a fueling related mod, one which you can also do on your 325tds Wink

Can't see why you need the switch aswell, unless the potentiometer doesn't go to zero? Yea, I've really got to pull my finger out and do this to mine, still haven't figured out which wires I need to splice into yet tho, but the plan is to leave it oem looking, using either the headlight level switch or dash dimming switch, which both fit in there neatly beside the tc Big Grin
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 07:44 PM)Harky Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 07:29 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote:

Can't see why you need the switch aswell, unless the potentiometer doesn't go to zero? Yea, I've really got to pull my finger out and do this to mine, still haven't figured out which wires I need to splice into yet tho, but the plan is to leave it oem looking, using either the headlight level switch or dash dimming switch, which both fit in there neatly beside the tc Big Grin

When you say yours is chipped, do you mean this EVRY mod or that you have it chipped the same style i have? There are 170bhp mapped chips out on the ebay Wink

Took me a couple of hours of googling VW forums to work it out! There is a plug that sits under the inlet manifold at the back, that runs to the pump. I can take a picture of where it is if you like. Its the same place on both the 6 and 4 pot cars.

Its one of those generic 8 pin round BMW plugs, pull the boot off the back of it and its pin numbers 2 and 3

As a warning every wire on the plug is black! So... its the black wire and the black wire...

Im using a 1k ohm POT and the switch so i can disconnect it for motorway driving and whatnot without loosing where i left my POT Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 07:54 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: When you say yours is chipped, do you mean this EVRY mod or that you have it chipped the same style i have? There are 170bhp mapped chips out on the ebay Wink

Took me a couple of hours of googling VW forums to work it out! There is a plug that sits under the inlet manifold at the back, that runs to the pump. I can take a picture of where it is if you like. Its the same place on both the 6 and 4 pot cars.

Its one of those generic 8 pin round BMW plugs, pull the boot off the back of it and its pin numbers 2 and 3

As a warning every wire on the plug is black! So... its the black wire and the black wire...

Im using a 1k ohm POT and the switch so i can disconnect it for motorway driving and whatnot without loosing where i left my POT Wink

Thank you very much Big Grin I'll try and get a look at the weekend, have a spare engine sitting outside the car so shouldn't be too hard to locate it. Its chipped the same as yours, supposed to be conservatively 170bhp but tbh I don't think its that yet. But I haven't touched the boost yet. What I'm really wanting to get into is the getting the thing connected up to the laptop so I can actually see whats what. Atm the focus is more on new sills, a strut top mounting and lots of other wee bits, sometimes I wonder if I'm mad lol
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 08:19 PM)Harky Wrote: Thank you very much Big Grin I'll try and get a look at the weekend, have a spare engine sitting outside the car so shouldn't be too hard to locate it. Its chipped the same as yours, supposed to be conservatively 170bhp but tbh I don't think its that yet. But I haven't touched the boost yet. What I'm really wanting to get into is the getting the thing connected up to the laptop so I can actually see whats what. Atm the focus is more on new sills, a strut top mounting and lots of other wee bits, sometimes I wonder if I'm mad lol

Haha well yes i guess its useless if you cant MOT it!

Im not sure if there is a way of talking to these with the computer, at an old job of mine we had the official BMW diagnostic stuff, and to be honest, these cars you can pull every wire out of the loom you want and it still wont put a fault light on... (probably a good thing for this fuelling mod, the VeeDubbers get an engine management light up from doing it, i have nothing! Light goes out after starting as per normal haha)
Thanks given by:
if he has the chip he doesn't need any switch bodges.
Thanks given by:
Depends how much further you want to go, I mean for example the chip on mine is supposedly 120bhp and it does feel like that but, bigger turbo means more is wanted over that chip Wink

It's only as bodgy as you Pug lot winding the max fuel screw in!
[Image: signaturerrf_zps1c82612b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you had the maps apart yet to see if you can see a pump voltage table... I'll bet you they're rediculously simple once you've figured out where a few maps are...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 11:55 AM)Ruan Wrote: Have you had the maps apart yet to see if you can see a pump voltage table... I'll bet you they're rediculously simple once you've figured out where a few maps are...

Nah i havent, not sure how to go about it to be honest, need an EPROM programmer, UV eraser and some software that can translate all the hex garbage into something usable.

From what i have seen rather that the maps showing as a pump voltage they are an injection request in mg per injection.

The highest they will accept is 51, however there seem to be some tricks to multiply that.

Was reading some chaps website which had a bit of detail, he was working on his Omega which had the M51D25 in it.

Coilovers are on!

First attempt at guessing where to set them resulted in a low entry jack that was stuck underneath the car, so it had to go up somewhat from that!

[Image: IMG_3753_zps9273236b.jpg]

And then how it actually sits now.

[Image: IMG_3760_zps1a068833.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3761_zps80c52a79.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3763_zpsb67f4737.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3765_zpsc91a77f7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3777_zps75880712.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Beachy pictures.

[Image: IMG_0126_zps0b5742ab.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0128_zpsd63258d3.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0123_zps710755da.jpg]