Automatic 306?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic 306?
Right, my lass had had a few driving lessons in the past and found it pretty difficult, but now she's had a spin around a car park in her stepdads RR and reckons she'd be much happier getting an auto license. She's always said she'd like a 306, and I've seen 1.8 8v autos but I think insurance might be an issue. Does anyone know if they made 1.4 autos?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like the 1.6 was the smallest auto they did.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fa...back-1993/
Thanks given by:
That might do... Cheers mate. In retrospect Google might have been an idea lol
Thanks given by:
My mates mum had a phase 3 1.6 auto which was a meridian so had all the leather etc... nice little car! was cheap insurance too!
Only issue I had with it was sometimes it didn't quite go into the right gear but I guess you get that with all auto's having to wait til it figures it out (more-so with older ones I spose)
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3rhgys.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 10:16 PM)SRowell Wrote: [Image: 3rhgys.jpg]

She's a woman...
Thanks given by:
They do 1.4 autos but there stupidly hard to find
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
from a driving instructors point of view...

dont do an auto licence. its such a restriction in life.

and when someone would come to me and say "I cant drive a manual I need to learn in an auto", all I think is 'you havn't been taught properly then'.
some of the best students I had were gals who thought they wouldnt be able to drive a manual.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 06:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: from a driving instructors point of view...

and when someone would come to me and say "I cant drive a manual I need to learn in an auto", all I think is 'you havn't been taught properly then'.
some of the best students I had were gals who thought they wouldnt be able to drive a manual.

She's not massively confident behind the wheel so if it gets her driving I'm happy.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 06:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: from a driving instructors point of view...

I agree. My ex was determined shed never drive a manual as its too hard. But after few leason with my uncle (instructor). Shes glad she did it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would say even the most brazen 17yr old lad with tats is nervous when he first actually has lessons.
I would be concerned if she wasnt nervous!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know a few people that took auto only licences and they regret it big time. There isnt a small test to upgrade to manual should you wish. You have to do your full test all over again!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My ex thought she couldnt drive manual and got an auto daewoo lanos. Then when i spoke to her a year later she had sold it and passed manual. Its all to do with the instructor!
Thanks given by:
Yep get a manual licence, don't bother with an AUTO.
Whenever someone says they've only got an auto licence you tend to look at them like something is wrong with them.

No offence to your mrs, but if someone can't figure out a simple manual gearbox they probably shouldn't be on the road.
Thanks given by:
Come on Liam, everyone is crap with gears to begin with - lets face it, none of us actually got in a car first time and just drove off, we all stalled, kangarooed, looked like a penis out on the road...

It's all part of driving, IMHO it makes you all the better for having gone through all that. And as you say - it's SUCH a hindrance later in life - "Oh can you just drop my car down the road"... "Can't only got an auto license.."
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It would deffo be a serious farce in life not having a manual lisence.

THAT said, some people just CANT get on with it, if you just cant get a grip of it , sometimes its the only way....

A
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Some people do need Auto licences only. For instance my sister is awful in a manual, 10 years of driving various cars. Put her in an auto and its a different story, unbelievable change. She still has a manual licence though...

If shes better in an auto and drives better for it then so be it...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
It's not that she can't figure out gears, it's that she's nervous about getting behind the wheel, and if getting an auto makes her feel better and makes her want to give it a go then I'm all for it. To be fair, she'll only drive 2 miles to and from work Monday to Friday in traffic, and to be fair an auto is the best thing for that anyway. But that's not the point, I know there are 1.4/1.6 autos so I'll try find one of them Smile
Thanks given by:
If that's what she feels comfortable with, then go for it. Nobody should be able to tell your other half what do to... To say that if they can't drive a manual they shouldn't be on the road - what a load of bollocks. As for the restriction thing, only she can decide that. My Mum and my Nan only have auto licences and they get on just fine.
Thanks given by:
Exactly. She just wants a black or silver automatic 306 with cyclones and power steering, thats exactly what she asked for Wink
Thanks given by:
Go for it then, cant see anything wrong with that at all...

To be fair, if peugeot made a win auto trans, id have one....autotrans + big power is fookin win for drag days and big turbos Wink load her up on the converter ftw.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
My missis only has a auto licence.

its a hassel but most auto cars are in quiet good condition,

we are getting a 2000 zafira 1.8 auto with 50,000 miles on it all the paperwork and tax,mot. Its like new not a single scratch on it.

i think its worth going for a manual over a auto but some people just don't get along with them, the way i see it is if your on the road then it don't matter if its auto or manual.

btw if its owt like our old auto 306 if you go for a overtake on the motorway it might go into second and hit the limiter if you put it to the floor, the auto boxes are a bit "special" when it comes to kickdown lol
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 03:27 PM)bingham123456 Wrote: btw if its owt like our old auto 306 if you go for a overtake on the motorway it might go into second and hit the limiter if you put it to the floor, the auto boxes are a bit "special" when it comes to kickdown lol

Are you in sport mode lol? lol
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 08:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: I would say even the most brazen 17yr old lad with tats is nervous when he first actually has lessons.
I would be concerned if she wasnt nervous!

I know I was! I was afraid of damaging my instructors car! It took me 6 months of lessons to get my confidence up! And I started learning 2 months before I was 18. When I finished I had proper man stubble, that was what must have brought it out! LOL! But I am far from your typical overconfident neathandral hormone enhanced male!
Thanks given by:
Lol no we had a 1.8 xt and it didn't have sport or snow mode, didn't have most of the guages, engine temp and fuel worked the rest didn't.

it woz a shed really but it had character and i liked it but the other half didn't lol, then it snapped the cambelt on holiday, with a total of 78,000 miles on it
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough then lol, sounds like a good buy!

My dad had an auto mondeo mk1....just for a laugh after a couple of years put it into sport mode....the gearbox died and we were stuck in Tesco carpark for ages! Dodgy He went back to a manual afterwards. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  automatic estate pug306driver 6 1,533 15-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Automatic cars Dan! 36 5,508 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ed Doe
  Automatic Garage door Connor 8 2,005 16-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Poodle