BROKE DOWN!.....AGAIN! ahhhhhhhh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BROKE DOWN!.....AGAIN! ahhhhhhhh
It's cool man, think Birk has sorted me a 90A replacement, but cheers anyways.

And you're not ill. You're a coward. Grab that virus by the scruff of it's neck and triumphantly delcare.. "not today."
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
or just sit here in the warm and sip my lemsip while I order replacement bits online. "I'm ded sank"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 01:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: or just sit here in the warm and sip my lemsip while I order replacement bits online. "I'm ded sank"

noooooooooooo weeeaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
"kiss me egg man"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 01:44 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: you've just got to chin up and get on with it...
This Wink

Keep it up mate, it's not a huge problem, just get it done and take a proper look over the rest of the pipework and make sure everything else is done up nice and securely. It'll be worth it when it's done!
Thanks given by:
Annoyingly this is exactly what I did monday.

I replaced the knackered rad with a nissens one, and tightened up some loose connections, couple little oil leaks, and checked all connections as a matter of good practice.

then this happens....I am trying to do all things well and right and it peeves me that if I had done it Dumdum style I expect I would have trouble free motorin!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bad luck Piggy.... It's sods law though, I check and re-check things on the cars several times and they still fail.....yet other people bodge things together and have no issues!
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 02:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: Annoyingly this is exactly what I did monday.

I replaced the knackered rad with a nissens one, and tightened up some loose connections, couple little oil leaks, and checked all connections as a matter of good practice.

then this happens....I am trying to do all things well and right and it peeves me that if I had done it Dumdum style I expect I would have trouble free motorin!
Interesting that the connection failed then given that you checked it a number of times Undecided
Thanks given by:
In fact I thought it was loose...which made me redo it...and then check the others. should have left it alone!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you'd left it then it could have happened at an even more inconvenient time though mate, don't beat yourself up about it.

I might well get shot down about this although I can't recall seeing any reasons why not to do this, but have you considered some locktite on it or something similar to make sure it doesn't happen again in future? As you say it was only at low pressure so it must have just worked its way loose.
Thanks given by:
Bit of t-cut and zip ties will sort that out! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
got meself some oil patch cleaner...works a treat in a pressure washer!!!

just to put final nail in my motoring coffin...the mrs 106nad mot has expired....in august.

been nagging for months to check it..."cant find it" she kept saying...

took me 5seconds this afternoon. where was it? in HER docs case in a folder SHE marked "car stuff".

got MOT booked for 8am locally. bet it will fail. Angry
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
MTFU.....it's peugeot, I cant believe everyone still thinks its annoying when they break...its common practice!

On a serious note, you do get some bad luck !
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt mind if I hadnt spent a year planning, spending and building it with idea that it lasted longer than a 1000miles
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They're just teething problems buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 04:07 PM)Scott Wrote: They're just teething problems buddy Smile

better be!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats not the first time that shiny engine bay has been covered in oil lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The oil line popping off was just the XUD saying "I'm too clean, I need to be covered in oil"
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
The bit everyone else likes that im crying over, i seen that and burst out with laughter haha that is awesome!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hehe id say thats a relitivly clean XUD explosion compared to some disasters ive seen / had happen haha.

Just one of those things, could be worse, the last rod i smashed took out my rad, sandwhich plate, intercooler hose, rear engine mount and put dent in the bonnet, not to mension the oil!!!

Which pipe failed exactly, a proper hydrolic hose?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Wrong hammer used when assembling it?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Bummer about the car.... But its only an aux belt!

Brake cleaner and nail varnish remover is good for removing oil stains... I had similar when my the rad burnt a 1p size hole thru my boost pipe... oil squirting into my engine bay at 20+ psi!!! Not as epic as your leak tho!!!

Its cool to break down in a 306....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 09:30 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Hehe id say thats a relitivly clean XUD explosion compared to some disasters ive seen / had happen haha.

Just one of those things, could be worse, the last rod i smashed took out my rad, sandwhich plate, intercooler hose, rear engine mount and put dent in the bonnet, not to mension the oil!!!

just, lol. proper xud failing right there!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
AN10 braided line. But I am not openly admitting what the fitting was that went Blush

all i am saying is that its been fine for 1000mies! why now!!! anyway, better fittings to be ordered.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who broke YouTube? cwspellowe 3 3,483 09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe
  Think I finally broke it Niall 16 4,182 05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Need help with a broke tv lol Tom 11 3,531 20-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Matt