Battery light on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery light on
Hi all,
I have a problem with my 1.4 petrol 306. When i turn the engine off and take the key out the battery light stays on, it is only very dim. My electric windows also still have power. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong and what I should check?
Thanks given by:
Check the earth point on the right of the accelerator pedal, mine did this but with the stop light :/
Thanks given by:
or the alternator back feeding.
but earths be a good start!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
On a TU, I'd almost guarantee it'll be the gearbox earth, they're always coming loose for some reason.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Can see why a loose earth would cause the windows to still work, but it is french...
Thanks given by:
I have checked the earth at the pedal it's good, as is the main from the battery. How do I locate the gearbox earth? I am inclined to think it couldn't be an earth as the windows work with no key but the radio and wipers won't. It's very strange.
How do i check if it is alternator feedback?
I have disconnected the battery for now as I need the car for a couple days and don't want it dying overnight :S
Also the battery light goes completely off when the engine is running
Thanks given by:
check all fuses. ensure they not blown/refused themselves.
check connections on the left hand chassis leg
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i will do in the morning and let ye know how i get on
Thanks given by:
Negative battery terminal, one of the wires will go to the chassis. one of the wires will go down onto the gear box, make sure both of those connections are clean, and make sure your battery terminals are clean and secure. Whats your battery voltage like?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
hey all, I found the problem eventually. After checking everything else i decided i'd check the alternator. The diodes when blown, got it reconditioned and everything is fine now. thanks for your help
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery warning light/fuse keeps blowing.HELP Clump1298 8 1,781 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Flashing battery light. NEW PROBLEMS Matt 25 5,562 11-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Last Post: C2K
  Battery light jordanhdi 5 1,420 19-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Frosty