Sam's '98 XSi - Irene

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam's '98 XSi - Irene
also tried my mate's iphone 4S in the steree last night, perfect fit, and detects its perfectly too

got a little present from custom_decals or whatever his username is

[Image: 2012-05-01124028.jpg]

quality product, recommended!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Oooh looks gooood! Might have to copy lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha feel free!

Thanks given by:
Nice little touch that dude Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers man, i really like it Smile

Thanks given by:
ninja
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:also tried my mate's iphone 4S in the steree last night, perfect fit, and detects its perfectly too

got a little present from custom_decals or whatever his username is

[Image: 2012-05-01124028.jpg]

quality product, recommended!

What size did you get? I have one on the way but I think I may have measured wrong haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:ninja
[attachment=0]
ninja ninja ninja shiney bits Big Grin

Thanks given by:
ehhh dunno mate. ill measure it later on if you like? ferpect fit tho Smile

haha yeah man, shiney shiney, soon to be even shinier!!

Thanks given by:
That would be awesome, I have a feeling I measure the whole thing instead of just the button haha.

What shiney bits ........ Big Grin
Thanks given by:
haha knobber! i've a spare one, i'll measure that. spot on fit Smile

haha nothing too shiney really, some fresh fanny mould Wink, courtesy of R45_ODV Smile

gunna be smooth, and black. gloss or satin, i have yet to decide..

Thanks given by:
Inlet? Really need to get mine off to paint but cba haha
Thanks given by:
yup. not putting it on for a while, coursework deadlines on friday (i'm at uni now, 'working' lol) then exams at the end of may. thinking of having it ready to do both manifolds and exhaust same time as we do yours. then BOOM POWAAAAHHHHHHH Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Wont take long to get that prepd and painted mate be good to see it on the car Smile satin ftw Big Grin

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:yup. not putting it on for a while, coursework deadlines on friday (i'm at uni now, 'working' lol) then exams at the end of may. thinking of having it ready to do both manifolds and exhaust same time as we do yours. then BOOM POWAAAAHHHHHHH Big Grin

Might sand it while on the car. And remove next week. Spray it in between coats on the car next week Smile
Thanks given by:
true dat bruv.

gunna bring it into uni next week to use the parts washer, then file all the casting marks off, then get busy with ze aerozols

why not just whip it off before you do the first coat? then you can do it properly between coats,

Thanks given by:
Lol I meant I would whip it off, just going to sand it while it's on the car as I can do that on breaks at work Big Grin it will come off for paint lol
Thanks given by:
haha yeah i got that, but you'll make one hell of a mess of your bay, won't you? can get it all properly degreased and everything too that way Smile

Thanks given by:
Hmmm seems you would be correct there. May have to just wait. Blitz the car during the day. Then strip the front end down, sand de grease and paint in the eve, then put it back together the next day haha
Thanks given by:
sounds good! or you could even put the xsi inlet back on to keep it drive able in the mean time, like me, cuz i'm aweome Wink

Thanks given by:
I destroyed my xsi one haha it's totally dead
Thanks given by:
haha gutted. i've a spare, want it?

Thanks given by:
Hmm may do. But make just take the car off the road for a day or two while I do it. Would be easier haha
Thanks given by:
haha true, and cheaper. savings on petrol too haha

Thanks given by:
been getting dirty today, started cleaning up the hubs i got from jdmsport, turns out one bearing is f*cked, and has the strut pinch bolt seized in...
but, importantly, after and hour or so of heating till red, then battering witha club hammer, the N/S one is almost good to go, just need to drill and tap the ABS sensor bolt hole and then wire brush it and hammerite it. might take the other hub into uni and twat a new bearing in, if i can be arsed/can afford it. as long as the horrendous bearing noise from the left is sorted, ill be happy ish.
also stripped down the gti inlet ive got and started attacking it, gunna smooth off all the casting marks then paint it black. gunna do more with the dremel tomorrow me thinks.
no pics, phone died. maybe tomorrow

Thanks given by:
Good progress Smile yh ive had 3 hubs off them now and atleast one has a fecked wheel bearing other a cut abs sensor :/ decided on the colour for the fanny mould yet? Smile

Thanks given by:
yeah one is spot on, but the other is like stirring coal. annoying. all the abs sensors were intact, ish, but i tried to unbolts them, the bolts just crumbled. the hubs look like they've done about 300 000 miles Confusedhock:
took lots of heat to get the pinch bolts out, and then BFO hammer too. PITA. oh yeah, one of the disc bolts is snapped off too, luckily one is still there, and they arent vital anyway.
probably gunna be satin black, dont think i'd be bothered to get a good enough shine for gloss, plus, satin looks a bit more oem

Thanks given by:
Satin FTW and yes 300,000 miles looks bwt rite haha im gone get new bearings pressd in to then clean and paint them up so i know they are good then put them on the car Smile as and when they are ready just hope the new bearings are good as i replaced them in my hubs and they only lasted me 6 months and are shot again Sad not good

Thanks given by:
Satin FTMFW
Thanks given by:
damn that isnt good! where did you get the bearings from? ill be sure to avoid! think ill leave new bearings for now, maybe hang onto my old hubs and get some pressed in at a later date...

hmmm yeah im think that also, satin is so full of win! plus i already have like five cans of the stuff lying around lol

Thanks given by: