Cold start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold start
hiya guys, been tinkering with the cabby a little bit lately

when i bought it i was told by the previous owner that the cold start module would need changing before christmas. Is this the coilpack? or is this something else?

the only sympton i can see is it seems to like over revving on tickover when cold.
Thanks given by:
No one got any clue on this?
Thanks given by:
Is a cold start module an actual thing? Never heard of anything called that, usually its the standard engine ECU on cars that richens them up at cold.

What would you call over revving? It should raise the idle speed when cold but then settle down when a bit of heat gets into it.
Thanks given by:
Well thats what me and my housemate both thought :-) as we too had never heard of it!!

We reckoned maybe the previous owner was meaning a coilpack.

Basically it idles anywhere from 1 to 2k more often at 2k even after 20 mins of driving its quite random and a bit annoying
Thanks given by:
think he is talking about the ICV. You can find it by following the main air inlet then just before it gets to the throttle body, there is a small pipe that spurs off and on the end of that is your ICV. Common issue for them to muck about
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: think he is talking about the ICV. You can find it by following the main air inlet then just before it gets to the throttle body, there is a small pipe that spurs off and on the end of that is your ICV. Common issue for them to muck about

This chap speaks logical-logic
[Image: signaturerrf_zps1c82612b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers guys.

Right this will be on the checklist for the weekend.
Thanks given by:
can sometimes get away with taking them out giving em a good clean and putting back before you try replacing it
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.8 16v PH3 Meridian cold start 306meridian 4 1,435 26-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Mighty306