Helppp td04

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helppp td04
Hi all, just finished fitting my td04 conversion, took it out for a spin, turbo whistled really loud outa the exhaust, was hitting 0.4 bar (never set fueling up).
i drove to my girlfriends which is like 2mins drive all was good.
when i stopped i turned the fuel screw up 2 turns and went in.
when i went to drive it again, started it up, no turbo whistle, drove it down the road and booted it and it just coaled like mad and no boost, my gauge read -0.4bar and when i rev when stopped it goes to -0.4 bar also.

its got a welded gate if thats any help, no boost leaks from what i can hear when i rev and listen. it feels like the turbo isnt even spooling up.

thanks for any help and advice.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Did the turbine spin freely when you fitted it?
Any boost leaks from pipe work?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
sounds like a catastrophic boost leak to me

unless the turbo has shat itself, but it' be pretty obvious if it had
Thanks given by:
hmm cant hear any boost leaks, will check again but if its big im sure i would here it fire out all the air, also im not sure what happans when a turbo shits itself but no loud bangs or anything have happand, turbo spun freely before fitting it yes
Thanks given by:
boost leak mate and tbh if a pipe has popped off you won't hear it like a split pipe Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^Agreed. Defo a boost leak then mate and as said it is probably a pipe come off completely.

Are you on top mount or fmic?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
When I had a k04 one of the LDA pipes blew off and got sucked into the turbo causing it to shread the find and jam the turbo.
Is yours de filtered?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Fmic mate
update: No boost leaks, took the airfilter pipe off to check if the turbo was still free, turned out it wasnt, had a l;ittle push and shove and it free'd up, turned the car back on, and it boosts 0.4 on idle again. took it for a 2min drive, defilterd, and all seemed fine, boosted 1.1bar in 2nd and 3rd.

im just really unsure of why it jammed itself and then i managed to free it, just by spinning the blade, when i spun the blade, it wouldnt turn on way, so i tried the other and it spun.
spun back the other way and it free'd itself, but im concernd to of why it jammed itself in the first place :/
any ideas?
Thanks given by:
how recent of an oil change did you do?

whats the history of the td04?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
oil change got done in feburary, due to be done again in the next week when i get time. and unsure other than buying it off spike (r45_0dv) which he fitted to his car then broke the car after never finishing it. he never got it started so the turbo has been stood a fair few months
Thanks given by:
That maybe why. Did you check it was all free before installation?

run some oil through it before running the car??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
all was free before fitting yes, and i may sound thick here but how would you do that?
Thanks given by:
well either chuck some oil down the oil feed pipe and spin it over by hand, or as most do, turn the engine over a few times but without the engine starting. normally thats enough.

seems odd that it spun freely before though.

td04s are tough things...sure it be fine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
well cars been running now so it has had oil going through it, and yea seems very strange why all of a sudden it seezed up.
Thanks given by:
Having had the exact same problem as you earlier this year (boosting fine, next coaling like a train and vacuum!) I can say it sounds like a shagged air filter
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm suppose i can relate to that as my air filter had seen better days, but doesn't explain why the turbine seezed up then i
spun it and it unseezed :/
Thanks given by: