How to repair cracked bumper?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to repair cracked bumper?
Someone backed into me in a car park and my bumper now has a crack.

[attachment=10515]

What should I do to fix the problem and to stop stop it getting any worse?
Thanks given by:
Get the person who backed into you to fix it?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
For the price of replacement parts and considering its fairly easy to remove I'd be looking for a replacement bumper.

The other option could be to remove the bumper then remove any particularly bad bits of damage with a sander or something similar, although looking at that picture you wouldn't probably need too.

Then roughen up the inner side with abit of emery cloth of the damaged area and then fibreglass it for some strength and filler/smooth and repaint the outside. The fibreglass won't want to particularly bond with the bumper but for a small patch it should do the trick. Like I said, I'd be looking out for a new bumper.
Thanks given by:
This happened to mine, still need to sort, im just gonna get a better bumper as can normally pick up for £20 or so.
So I would do that, saves all the hassle of sanding and painting ect
Thanks given by:
You won't repair that well I'm afraid. It will just keep popping the filler on the line of the bumper.

I've had a front bumper go on that line, been trying to repair it for months but it keeps going again.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeh like grant said youd be hard pressed to repair that in yhe seem aswell for what it would cost to get it repaired youd be better off buying one out of a scrappy cheeper...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the input, guys. I guess I need to wait for a black Phase 3 to go breaking, with both it's front and rear bumpers intact!
Thanks given by:
Hey guys that really appreciating information about repair cracked bumper.Thanks!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Cracked Alloy wheel! Smiley69 15 3,176 30-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Last Post: vtec power gt