Steel Seal.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel Seal.....
Information 
So I saw the advert for Steel Seal this afternoon whilst watching the btcc...

Basically just a heads up for those mechanics on the forum; expect plenty of people over the next few months who decide that their head gasket has gone because their exhaust smokes in the morning so they've dumped a bottle of it into their coolant and f*cked their engine....

I'd almost suggest it's criminal for them to be advertising it as a cheap fix to head gasket issues...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Nah its good mate! Works well combined with hard and fast for holes in the block as well Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If you pour it in the inlet, it fixes tapping GTi6 engines too!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
To be honest, I've used it twice and it's worked both times, if you know your head gaskets gone its worth a try on a cheap car in my opinion. My dads 1.6 TU Picasso blew at 61k, tipped some Steel Seal in and it's still going strong at 95k...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 04:23 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be honest, I've used it twice and it's worked both times, if you know your head gaskets gone its worth a try on a cheap car in my opinion. My dads 1.6 TU Picasso blew at 61k, tipped some Steel Seal in and it's still going strong at 95k...

Ive used it a few times on the cheap shitters ive owned and its always worked
Thanks given by:
I tried it on the last sedan and it didn't work. Never got the refund as I just cba for the sake of 20 quid
Thanks given by:
I've heard of something like this seize an engine lol!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I'd only ever try it on a cheap banger, and I wouldn't use it on an XUD, the cooling system is too easy to block as it is, and to be fair the head gasket isn't that difficult or expensive.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Mate used it on a low blow astra.. it wouldnt start with the amount of water in the chamber.. started with no water.. added boiling water and steel seal.. 5 mins later its fine.. been ok for 3 months lol.

I did tell him to do it properly but oh well
Thanks given by:
Isn't it £50 a bottle
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 07:49 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Isn't it £50 a bottle

£29.95 on their website
Thanks given by:
The thing is it's being advertised on TV. You just know some fool is going to tip it into their brand new q7 or whatever just because it 'smokes in the morning when it's cold out'
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: