New little toy for nephews birthday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New little toy for nephews birthday
My nephew has been after a mini moto for ages so, i managed to get one off ebay for the grand sum of 38 quid as a non runner. within an hour of it being home it was running.

He was really pleased with it and it goes like a little rocket too !!

[Image: IMAG0758_zps3daca874.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0759_zpsd161d6ca.jpg]

And this was it all cleaned up with a few new bits fitted, just before i gave it to him for his birthday..

[Image: e722a280-cc10-4e41-9440-7d83028e42d5_zps8d8e2e6f.jpg]

Only problem his little sister my niece was gutted as she couldn't ride it so it has all started again, my mate at work was selling his sons mini moto quad, so it needed a new pull start, it runs sweet now, and it needs a good clean and a few pink bits adding to it to make it look better for a little girl, but i think she will be pleased.

[Image: 4d90d3df-4e2f-4a6b-8013-9eeabfdc94d5_zpsa5754581.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I want an uncle like you.
Thanks given by:
Nice one pal. Had millions of those mini crossers. Try to get one with the chain on the right and a engine and cvt gearbox from a midi moto x2 and fit it in.

will be a epic rocket then. Had one like that and topped out at 55mph (with the right gears)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111174717527

like this one just the engine and gearbox. The upside of this setup is its got electric start/dynamo so you can have the lights and horn for extra fun
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Epic Uncle!
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 03:11 PM)bingham123456 Wrote: Nice one pal. Had millions of those mini crossers. Try to get one with the chain on the right and a engine and cvt gearbox from a midi moto x2 and fit it in.

will be a epic rocket then. Had one like that and topped out at 55mph (with the right gears)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111174717527

like this one just the engine and gearbox. The upside of this setup is its got electric start/dynamo so you can have the lights and horn for extra fun

Yeah got to be a little bit careful as he is only 7, so it will be a little bit quick for him. When he is a little bit older and better on it i will look at making it a bit quicker. Going to leave the pull start on it a he can't start it so no chance of him getting on it and using it with no one about .

And on the quad it has the thumb throttle so can be restricted right down for my niece as she is a little bit younger.
Thanks given by:
Lol i ment for you.... But yeah once he is a little pro let him loose with something a little quicker.

you can restrict the mini crosser. Just loosen the cable so it has slack, that's what i did for my little sister's first go.

hows it start once its warm? After a while thay tend to be a pain to start bout a good clean and all is good agane. I had 6at one point and we used to race round our local "track" ( out the way of anyone and in the middle of nowhere) so much fun and if you look after it thay will run forever.

had a total of 14hrs rideing with only a 5-10mins brake where i turned it off and it never went wrong once lol.
Thanks given by:
Wow, if I was 5, that would be my dream come true. Unfortunately my parents never had the money/time to do something like this for me Sad I have always wanted to get into Motocross but again, money issues. He's gonna out grow it soon and want the real thing though, that's when it's gonna get expensive! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 03:00 PM)Andy Wrote: I want an uncle like you.

This!!!
Thanks given by:
I remember I 5th Christmas I got a motorbike. Was awesome till one day I came off it. mother had a fit over it, so it never got fixed :-(
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 01:00 AM)bingham123456 Wrote: Lol i ment for you.... But yeah once he is a little pro let him loose with something a little quicker.

you can restrict the mini crosser. Just loosen the cable so it has slack, that's what i did for my little sister's first go.

hows it start once its warm? After a while thay tend to be a pain to start bout a good clean and all is good agane. I had 6at one point and we used to race round our local "track" ( out the way of anyone and in the middle of nowhere) so much fun and if you look after it thay will run forever.

had a total of 14hrs rideing with only a 5-10mins brake where i turned it off and it never went wrong once lol.

Yeah it starts fine when its warm, i had it all apart and cleaned it all up, and fitted a new carb ( i can't believe how cheap bits for them are ) It has a 3 stage thing on the throttle so you can restrict it, but that's a bit crap so for now the throttle cable is slackened off.
And on the quad it is nice and easy to restrict just a screw that winds in or out to stop the movement of the thumb throttle. My niece has been to the local quad place a few times and she is pretty good on one so she should be ok.
Thanks given by:
You should spend about a 5er on a woodruff key for it off ebay. Just improves how it runs and helps with acceleration a little.

had one on a fiew of mine and it just runs better with it.

but like you say he is only young so its just a idea for the moment.

and yeah thay are so simple my little sister used to rebuild them when she woz 7 lol
Thanks given by:
Gave the Quad to her yesterday after it had a few pink bits added to it, to make it more suitable for a 5 year old girl.

She loved it and was pretty good on it too..

[Image: 2911f9a5-c721-4a92-92a7-d2e73d59b0f4_zps2eae4fb1.jpg]

[Image: 9f430f39-14a8-4a58-9ace-f453a0135d2c_zps0b84c828.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love it. Once paid £40 for a 125 crosser covers in mud, got home cleaned it and found out it woz that same pink.... Still rode it round tho lol.
Thanks given by:
Love ιt!! My boys got a little rm50 quick thing ιt ιs!! I put a plastic spacer above the slider in the carb stopped full throttle till he was used to ιt
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could never afford a crosser or mini bike when I was a kid so my dad used to get old motorbikes, bin the mudguards and fit knobblies! Had great fun with a Honda 90 down the woods, Yamaha YB100 was good, best was a Regent 125 (basically a copy of the Minsk), was f*cking bombproof! Guess that's why the taliban use them lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah most of my bike to start with were cg125 and such with knobbly tires lol.

got given a minsk that woz in bits and built it up. So simple and indestructible lol.

want another c90 tho
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2013, 06:21 PM)bingham123456 Wrote: Lol yeah most of my bike to start with were cg125 and such with knobbly tires lol.

got given a minsk that woz in bits and built it up. So simple and indestructible lol.

want another c90 tho

My old 90 still runs, it's been in my dads shed for about 13 years with bent forks from going over a 5 foot drop, still runs though, I tried it last year, only needed the battery charging. Bit rough but I put that down to stale petrol. Such a tough bike, can see why there's millions of them!
Thanks given by:
You happen to be selling it? If you are iv got dibbs on it lol
Thanks given by:
You wouldn't want it mate, it's knackered. Bent forks, buckled front wheel, front brake doesn't work, rear wheel bearing is so ruined theres about an inch of left to right slop at the tyre, won't go into 3rd gear, totally stripped down and covered in rust, dents and bent bits. It was knackered when my dad got it about 15 years ago and then I spent years thrashing it around a disused quarry lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: 936401_10151994077255620_1670637837_n_zps106c9698.jpg]

my custom built mini bike, titanium exhaust, cammed 140 motor, pro tapber bars, SP fully adjustable forks, twin pot front brake, 220mm disc, fully adjustable rear DNM shock, twobros racing seat, custom graphics, uprated hubs/rims/spokes renthal chain list goes on etc
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
These are so cool would love a 125 but struggle to have anywhere to ride in leicester that i know of?
Thanks given by: