Can they do this to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can they do this to me?
(29-09-2013, 07:25 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Yep that last part is wrong bud! If ιts not insured, then ιt has to be sorned! Don't have to be insured on a driveway! As long as ιts sorned
Sorry guys, I seem to have caused some confusion here. As of April this year, if your vehicle is sorned and kept off road in a car park, (residential), then it has to be insured. I found this out the hard way when selling a Golf earlier this year. Plod and his poxy anpr cruised through the car park opposite, (which is for residents and visitors), and I got a polite knock on the door. Luckily for me, the next door neighbour is brother to the plod who advised me of the need to have the car insured,( even though it was sorn), as the residential car park was classed as part of the public highway by virtue of people having access to it from the road. I should have clarified this in my earlier statement, so once again, sorry for the confusion N.B, This rule applies to ANY parking area to which the public have access...... yet another example of the govt. extorting even more money from the motorist.Oh look, govt.......a four letter word! lol
Thanks given by:
what you're saying mate is that your car wadn't actually off road lol, i could have told you it has to be private property...Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
As above tbh lol, if your car is sorned it shouldn't be in a publically accessible car park in the first place. The boxes are a pretty contentious issue, the main problem seems to be the gap between what normal people and insurance companies see as safe amd reponsible driving, which I suppose is no great surprise. lol I know a couple of young'uns down my way that have benefitted from havig a black box, got to be sensible with it though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As an update to what eventually happened:

I ended up fixing the car and so was using it as normal, when the other day I got a letter from the co op saying that I told them that I had sold/scrapped my car and would be cancelling my policy

firstly I never said that I HAD done that, I just said that I would be considering it if I didn't repair it.

also, this was 2 weeks after I'd had it fixed, these idiots put a f*cking monitoring device in my car and yet can't manage to work out that I'm driving it therefore it isn't on a stack in a scrapyard! :S

Done a quote for next year and it came back at £1080 for an XUD and £1200 for a HDi, not too bad considering my age and fault claim. Ofc prices will change between now and next July but its a rough idea

To anyone who is considering a black box policy I personally wouldn't ever bother, you can't hardly have any fun in your car and end up paying for others mistakes
Thanks given by:
Did they reverse the cancelled policy then or just f*ck you over and take a load of your money??

You can always get the ombudsman involved, or at least threaten to.
Thanks given by:
I'm having issues with insurance at the moment. Swapping my ph2 306 over to the ph1 they want double what I pay now Angry
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 12:23 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Did they reverse the cancelled policy then or just f*ck you over and take a load of your money??

You can always get the ombudsman involved, or at least threaten to.

They gave me 2 weeks to get in touch with them, so they just carried my policy on

Only reason I'm with them is because Aviva f*cked me over on a quote and tried to charge me double what the online system gave me, check my other thread -.-

Only 9 more months to go....
Thanks given by: