Rear beam changed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Rear beam changed!
I'm finally back! After having no internet for 2 weeks then troubles logging in for another week. All I had to do was clear those f*cking cookies. f*ck you cookies.

ANYWAY.

I currently have a lowered gti6 beam in my front room that needs switching over, hopefully sometime next weekend/week if I find some help.

The reason I'm asking for help is I don't have the knowledge/equipment/skills/tools for the job and don't wish to f*ck up something so big. (I don't even have a driveway). Yes I'm aware its "just a few bolts" but trust me, I will not be able to do it. I'm even skeptical about doing my front shocks and springs myself but I'm going to give that a go Smile

So if anyone can offer their services or recommend people that work at garages that will be able to sort me out a swap for a good deal I will be eternally grateful. Someone mentioned a while ago that a member works in a garage in Bristol that may be able to sort me out.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
id be able to do it but seems as though you mentioned bristol you may be a bit far
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Aye yeh, I'm back at Uni in the Mare (weston super) Confused
Thanks given by:
Give Connor a shout about the beam mate think he's part of a garage doing that sorta thing

Tbh a beam change was the first thing I did on my car and I didn't find it too bad bead a helping hand for lifting it in though
Thanks given by:
I would rather swap a beam that try front shocks and a spring change. front hubs can be a right bugger...Ive ever had a rear beam not basically fall off once bolts are undone.
offer a bbq...or maybe an indoor bbq...and peeps show up!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi mate, I'm happy to help fit it for you. You'll need to get to mine though Cool
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
id be happy to help if you go to skoobs or come to mine. could easily get the fronts on aswell between the 3 of us

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 10:46 AM)SKoob Wrote: Hi mate, I'm happy to help fit it for you. You'll need to get to mine though Cool

(24-09-2013, 12:02 PM)puglove Wrote: id be happy to help if you go to skoobs or come to mine. could easily get the fronts on aswell between the 3 of us

Haha should have just left it there would have been much easier! And I at least I know where I'm going. But yeh that sounds awesome, are you both free one day this weekend? Either day is easy for me. I'll bring beer/cider. Should be revising but meh.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10416]
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah might as well of, I'm about all weekend buddy, not sure what puglove is doing though
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
um iv gotta do my food shopping sat morn. other than that i think im free. your in melksham aint you skoob?

Thanks given by:
Yep, I am mate. Like I say about all weekend so any days good for me
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
team306ocfityourpartsforbeer strikes again!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hey guys sorry for the later reply I've been in woolacombe surfing for the last 3 days. Puglove are you free Sunday this weekend? Only because I'm knackered and would love to have tomorrow just to chill. If you're not we can sort out a time tomorrow to get this done Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 09:54 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Tbh a beam change was the first thing I did on my car and I didn't find it too bad bead a helping hand for lifting it in though

2 axel stands supporting the beam and a trolley jack and bobs your uncle for lifting it in
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
yes mate sunday would be better for me, sort it with skoob and pm me final plans

Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 05:59 PM)puglove Wrote: yes mate sunday would be better for me, sort it with skoob and pm me final plans

Awesome buddy will do.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: Rear Beam (Disc or drum) Eeyore 10 2,775 05-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Wanted: solid rear beam mounts af1 0 824 31-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Last Post: af1
  Drum rear beam Matt 0 771 26-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Matt