2001 Moonstone HDi D-Turbo 3dr 123k - New Price

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Moonstone HDi D-Turbo 3dr 123k - New Price
Back up for sale as need a bigger car!

Peugeot 306 HDi D-Turbo 3Dr in Moonstone Blue
123,000 miles (used daily)
Tax until January 2015 (cheaper £140/year tax band)
MOT passed in July with no advisories (expires July 2015)

Good bits-
Cambelt & Waterpump changed @ 120,000 miles
Recent brand new LUK clutch fitted, along with gearbox oil
Recent service incl. genuine Peugeot filters and Total Quartz 5W40 oil
Good tyres all round Michelins on the front, Goodyears on the back (50 profile)
Starts every time (has never let me down)
Both driveshafts recently replaced (January '13 - OS & June '13 - NS)

Modifications-
JP Stage 1+ remap (135 map, never rolling-roaded)
STACK boost gauge in A pillar gauge pod (not universal, made to fit)
Bilstein B4 front and rear shock absorbers fitted
Apex 35mm lowering springs fitted and rear axle adjusted to match
Smoothed bonnet and grille (excellent job, will not crack as bonnet is welded and grille has been plastic-welded not filled with bodyfiller!)
Smoothed boot with remote release button on dashboard
Rear wiper removed and acrylic bung fitted (fits flush)
Hoffman exhaust system (de-cat pipe, straight-thru centre section and backbox)
GTi6 Brake upgrade with brand new discs and pads (Pagid) Calipers painted Yellow
Kenwood Stereo w/iPod compatibility
306 Auto Acoustics subwoofer box with 10" FLI sub
Kenwood 600W Subwoofer
GTi6 leather / alcantara interior (drivers bolster has usual wear)
De-EGR - EGR blank and gasket fitted also
GTi6 Leather Steering wheel
'Fogs on Flash' mod (switch on steering cowl)

Also included (not really modifications!)
ISOFix points fitted to both rear seats
Fitted floor mats including fitted boot mat all in good condition
4x keys - 3 work on buttons, original Peugeot Keycard also included!
Comprehensive service history (big file) including all MOT's
All recent work carried out by myself or with help from other club members, so receipts will be for parts only but clearly in good order.

Bad points-
Usual cosmetic marks here and there - passenger door has a ding in it (not really noticeable) I have changed the rub-strip on this side but there are a couple of little dents below the wing-mirror.
Intermittent coolant level light warning - coolant level is absolutey fine, but this light keeps flashing up if I park on a slight hill, I believe it's a problem with the sensor / plug
Spray job on bootlid isn't wonderful - could do with a blow-over

This car has served me very well indeed and if it turns out that the car I have been offered already has a new owner then I'll be glad that I'm keeping it! It's been the most reliable Peugeot I've ever owned. Reasonably swift for its' age and the handling is lovely. I searched for a long time for a decent HDi D-Turbo and had to pester the previous owner to sell it. I'm the 4th Owner I believe (possibly the 3rd) as the car was first owned by a woman who had it maintained at Peugeot religiously. The second owner was an apprentice in a bodyshop hence the smoothing mods done to the car. I needed a reliable car to get me to and from work and transport our daughter around in.

I'll be genuinely sad to see her go but I can't miss out on this potential opportunity...

I'm asking for £1050 ONO, which is high for a 306 but with the recent work undertaken and the fact it won't need anything for another 12 months I think it's fair, but please shoot me an offer as a quick sale would benefit me.

[Image: null-33.jpg]

[Image: 9664B244-315A-41FF-91FF-19575B8EF602-419...EAC301.jpg]

[Image: D87A1964-C166-479F-975E-8EAC885A05C6-419...2FA6C5.jpg]

[Image: DAA83BC2-9F7B-4CB5-9DA6-0D507424E77E-412...2FF9CE.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0511.jpg]

Recent interior pictures: (August '14)

[Image: 74954445-1E48-4D16-8493-EE34EC090689.jpg]

[Image: 3F665420-08A9-49E8-AEAC-041255AB68FE.jpg]

[Image: ECB310E0-B7A8-46E0-B0A3-97C6F2CD643B.jpg]

[Image: 86C9A39C-7C0A-4308-B465-102DC9D51CE4.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Very tidy car! Glws!
Thanks given by:
Hi mate have you still got this what's the best price your willing to take cash call me on 07737097777 if I don't answer please leave me a message thanks raz
Thanks given by:
you still got this mate? Tim
Thanks given by:
Still have this yes, but I am still waiting on news about the other car I was hopefully going to buy from a family member.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Bump this, may be for sale again in a months' time. Currently on 112,000 miles so mileage is an estimate at the end of Feb / early March.

Any questions please fire away.
Thanks given by:
love this car!
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:07 PM)tim 306td Wrote: love this car!

Me too! It's just a bit too small nowadays. My Mrs is learning to drive though so if I had to I could keep it longer.
Thanks given by:
pm'd..
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
you still got this mate or sold?
Thanks given by:
It needed the rear beam replacing and some other bits so due to the lack of interest a few weeks back I've decided to hang onto it for now. Sorry guys!
Thanks given by:
ah mate was interested if you wanted to sell?
Thanks given by:
Where did you get the pillar pod for the boost gauge?

Tich
Thanks given by:
I would sell but I simply don't have the money to buy anything else and insure it at this very moment!

The boost gauge pod came from a UK styling shop originally, I bought it second-hand from someone on 306GTi6 forum. I think they are usually about £35, but there was one for sale on here recently for much less.
Thanks given by:
Bump, as I really would like a bigger car now my little girl is growing up FAST!

I have updated the description above and welcome you to read through my project thread too as there is a lot of info in there. Subwoofer and amplifier now fitted in the boot too.

Some recent pictures after a holiday to Cornwall-

[Image: 5058C863-846C-418A-9CE4-430153BA8AEA.jpg]

[Image: C0A8ADB4-BC33-444F-9635-CD3385C0221E.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i keep asking you about this to buy it then you change your mind on whether your selling or price?

is it actually going this time or just interest?

thanks
Thanks given by:
"It needed the rear beam replacing and some other bits so due to the lack of interest a few weeks back I've decided to hang onto it for now. Sorry guys! "

Does it still need an axle or was this sorted?

Is there anything else it needs at all?

What is the boot floor/rear quarters etc like for rust?

Very Interested
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 05:59 PM)mspdan Wrote: i keep asking you about this to buy it then you change your mind on whether your selling or price?

is it actually going this time or just interest?

thanks

I keep changing my mind - because I get offers around 30% less than advertised for a cash sale. I'm really not that desperate to sell it that low, as it's definitely worth the money - I know becuase I've been spending a lot on keeping it in decent condition!

(05-08-2014, 07:44 PM)ct-hdi Wrote: "It needed the rear beam replacing and some other bits so due to the lack of interest a few weeks back I've decided to hang onto it for now. Sorry guys! "

Does it still need an axle or was this sorted?

Is there anything else it needs at all?

What is the boot floor/rear quarters etc like for rust?

Very Interested

Yes - the rear beam was replaced with one from Niall's (member on here) old 1.8 rear beam. I couldn't afford to get it refurbished, but it has been fitted with brand-new Lemforder mounts and the ABS sensors had to be replaced as they had corroded through being exposed to rain.

No visible rust on the rear quarters (had a good poke around when fitting axle) and the boot floor is very good. Has a couple of rust 'blisters' about the size of a pea but nothing beyond surface. If I had the time I'd rub them down and put some kind of coating on there to stop it spreading, but it's not gotten any worse in the last 12 months.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I keep changing my mind - because I get offers around 30% less than advertised for a cash sale. I'm really not that desperate to sell it that low, as it's definitely worth the money - I know becuase I've been spending a lot on keeping it in good condition

I feel your pain mate. Free bump for you
Thanks given by:
Thanks bud!

Hopefully I have replied to all the PMs I received as unfortunately I couldn't take any viewings this weekend after the P bush failed on me! It literally snapped, so this morning I set about replacing the wishbone and it also now has a new ball joint on the passenger side too (seemed rude not to do it at he same time).

Hopefully it will be cleaned inside and out on Sunday and ready for people to have a look.
Thanks given by:
Some fresh interior pics added after a mega clean today.

Ready for viewing next week hopefully
Thanks given by:
just to say mate, if the P bush snapped on one side, chances are other side will be on it's way, i'd be doing both sides myself . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm....
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd buy this tomorrow if it wasn't smoothed for my sister Sad anyone with a mint moonstone bonnet / boot ?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive got a boot and bonnet darren,
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am very interested in this. Where are you based? I will be getting paid on Wednesday and should be finding out how much I will be getting for the Rallye next week!!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If Alee dosnt take it PM me chap Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y Reg 2001 306 HDI D Turbo Rare Black 3 Door Tom85 3 2,644 01-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Last Post: aircool
  2001 HDi DTurbo Moonstone Blue - £900 ONO C.A.R. 33 11,292 25-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Moonstone Blue D-turbo AndyG 3 1,683 17-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: padge