Meridian HDi Owner - Looking for some advice on mods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meridian HDi Owner - Looking for some advice on mods
Hi all,

I have had this Meridian HDi for over two years, but haven't really bothered thinking about any mods, until recently.

I paid £1,550 for it and it has only done 84,000 miles. Also, it hasn't failed an MOT since I have had it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

In particular, I am looking for some views on what wheel would go nicely. Also, tinted rear windows? Are they a no no on five door vehicles?

Thanks all.

Thanks given by:
Welcome along fella

1st off if its never been mapped get a stage 1 125bhp map on it & a less restrictive exhaust

IMO tinted windows are abit chavy and only really work on an estate.

Wheels really are a personal taste thing . But personaly id go for peugeot wheels. 306 gti/ 206 gti / 206 gti180 somthing like that.

Also look in to = masked head lights / phase 3 spoiler / gti or laguna bumper splitter ummm maybe smoothed bonnet

good idea to look through other peoples projects and see if there is anything you.like you could do to your car

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
^^^ all of the above

I would consider cyclones for sure, the lazors look silly on ph3s imo.

Consider some suspension upgrades too if you up the power...maybe some nice gti front brakes to helps stop too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In all honesty james hdi brakes are fine for an S1 map. Although gti calipers and disks are a nice cheap upgrade

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys! Much appreciated.

Yeah, I've been trawling the site and so far, I really like the GTi seats, also as stated above, the wheels too. I think you might be right about the tinted windows, I have been thinking about it for a while but the general consensus seems to be that it looks tacky.

How much would you say lower the suspension by?

The interior is absolutely mint apart from one small tear in the drivers seat, which is very annoying.

I would love to get a three door, but as I am totally in love with this particular vehicle, I don't really want to change, plus with having a couple of rugrats, it's a lot easier with the extra doors.

PS. Gotta say, of all the forums I have ever been on, this is one of the friendliest from many of the comments I have read. Makes a nice change.
Thanks given by:
Just a quick note 3 door seats (gti seats) dont fit a 5 dr without heavy modification.

As for lowering again is personal choice/ what you need. But id say -40mm is a minimum. But as you can see from my pic below -85mm is a minimum for me. All of mine & the mrs 306's are like that Tongue

Thanks given by:
Phew!! Thanks for the seat advice. Numb nuts here would have just ordered some and faced the consequences. You have saved me some time and cash there.
Thanks given by:
I found out the hard way about 6years ago lol

Thanks given by:
What would you say the cost of lowering the vehicle would be?
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 03:37 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome

Cheers for you welcome guys!

Got a quote for a Stage One Remap which they say will take my vehicle to between 125 - 135 bhp for £195.00 (mobile service) or cheaper if I visit them in Eccles.

This any good?
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 04:19 PM)AMJAZZ Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 03:37 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome

Cheers for you welcome guys!

Got a quote for a Stage One Remap which they say will take my vehicle to between 125 - 135 bhp for £195.00 (mobile service) or cheaper if I visit them in Eccles.

This any good?

I couldn't say I would know who it is whose quoted you but I'm pretty sure people will agree with me when I say see pro Steve, he's already been mentioned
Just google pro Steve and give him a bell
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
+1 on pro steve
Thanks given by:
Definately reccomend a stage 1 remap and also try and de-cat the car. Personally ive got cyclones off the gti6 for my estate
Thanks given by:
Im not sure who is in your area. But there might be a member on here might be able to do it alot cheaper. My map cost me an old set of headlights Tongue

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club.
Your Mods ask depend on your preference. Keep it subtle and cheap and just paint orignal parts you have.
My personal favourite oem+ keeping it orignal but with better things :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New hdi meridian owner djyo 12 1,818 08-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Last Post: djyo
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,138 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b