Leak of Pipe Air Leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leak of Pipe Air Leak
Hello

I have replaced my leak off pipe with new stuff but its pretty easy to pull off, I have also replced the fuel filter, there is now a massive air leak in the system

Could air be getting into the leak off pipe and finding its way to the fuel filter housing via thebosch pump?

when i pump the bulb it takes ages to re fill. is it likely that the return valve in the bulb is shot?

The new fuel filter was different to the one that came out so that could be not sealing?

I was all working fine before i did the fuel filter and leak off pipes so i am assuming it may be my doing?

Sodding black pipes, need to replace with clear to see the leaks.

It has been running on veg too so this could have sucked air in.

I think and hope the leak off pipes are the problem as when i turned the engine offi could hear a fizzing sould almost like air being suked in?

Starting to do my nut !

Many thanks for help in advance

Guy
Thanks given by:
Aslong as the leak off pipe is the right size it will be ok. I dont know about sizes i just asked motor factors for leak off pipe and it worked fine. Have you got a cap on one end of the leak off circuit? It does sound you have an airleak. Are you having trouble starting? Use your ear and pump the grenade and listen for where air comes out, i know if i squeeze mine i can hear a little leak from the throttle shaft. Also a picture of your leak off would help, there might be an obvious problem that someone else spots that you didnt notice, no offense to you its called a second set of eyes :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
leak off shouldn't pull off . .i can't remember the mm it should be but it should be real tight . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 11:46 AM)Tom Wrote: Aslong as the leak off pipe is the right size it will be ok. I dont know about sizes i just asked motor factors for leak off pipe and it worked fine. Have you got a cap on one end of the leak off circuit? It does sound you have an airleak. Are you having trouble starting? Use your ear and pump the grenade and listen for where air comes out, i know if i squeeze mine i can hear a little leak from the throttle shaft. Also a picture of your leak off would help, there might be an obvious problem that someone else spots that you didnt notice, no offense to you its called a second set of eyes :p

It was right size, 3.4mm i think. , it does have a cap but its the old one as i lost the new ones, but no diesel / veg is leaking out it. Maybe just the bleed nipples were lubed up with diesel so pipes come of easily?

when i prime the granade i can hear the fuel pissing back into the fuel filter housing like its empty, takes a lot of pumping to get hard and it drops pressure after a while, when running, and especially when stood.

I can get a picture loaded soon as t have the TMIC off atm anyhow.

Thanks

Is the only seal on the top of the fuel filter hosing the one that comes with the filter? or is there and o ring that perminatly lives in there? maybe its just a cheap shitty ebay replacement filter, any recomendation on the best ones to use?
Thanks given by:
Theres an o ring on the bottom of the filter housing aswell. This is why people hate the standard filter housing lol. I have used halfords filters loads of times and always been fine. Perhaps you have a dodgy grenade? That could be a good reason for it all draining back.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom

Thanks for all the help

I think i have fixed it, the o ring on the fuel pre heat thermostat was leaking like a sinking ship, i took the fuel filter housing off, cleaned it up, did the penny trick and gasket goo'd it back together, bled the system up and now shes fine, the granade and fuel filter pick up were working fine,

FYi dont open the fuel tank under the seat when you have just brimmed the tank, about 2 L of diesel on the driveway Sad

Just need to fine tune the fuelling now, what sort of rpm should the boost and power kick in, T2 turbo, Think i may have turned the max fuel screw out a little too far and shes gasping for fuel??

Cheers

Guy

(13-09-2013, 12:35 PM)PaddyPug Wrote:
(13-09-2013, 11:46 AM)Tom Wrote: Aslong as the leak off pipe is the right size it will be ok. I dont know about sizes i just asked motor factors for leak off pipe and it worked fine. Have you got a cap on one end of the leak off circuit? It does sound you have an airleak. Are you having trouble starting? Use your ear and pump the grenade and listen for where air comes out, i know if i squeeze mine i can hear a little leak from the throttle shaft. Also a picture of your leak off would help, there might be an obvious problem that someone else spots that you didnt notice, no offense to you its called a second set of eyes :p

It was right size, 3.4mm i think. , it does have a cap but its the old one as i lost the new ones, but no diesel / veg is leaking out it. Maybe just the bleed nipples were lubed up with diesel so pipes come of easily?

when i prime the granade i can hear the fuel pissing back into the fuel filter housing like its empty, takes a lot of pumping to get hard and it drops pressure after a while, when running, and especially when stood.

I can get a picture loaded soon as t have the TMIC off atm anyhow.

Thanks

Is the only seal on the top of the fuel filter hosing the one that comes with the filter? or is there and o ring that perminatly lives in there? maybe its just a cheap shitty ebay replacement filter, any recomendation on the best ones to use?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive oil leak 3rd time lucky 8 3,378 05-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  Water leak or Coolant Loss... Biglad 3 1,080 19-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Major fuel pump problems, air leak, head gasket? Dantheman1312 2 2,193 22-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Last Post: r3k1355