new to diesel tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to diesel tuning
(13-10-2013, 05:51 PM)Dave Wrote: You will have higher egts if your running more fuel on these things
yeah i'm sure, i just meant same fuel on a 9mm and an 11mm and 9mm is gonna be higher egt's isn't it? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The main reason people tend to kill engines on XUD's is because IMO they aren't set up right as in, too much fuel for what's intented or people just go mad with them, create a lots of power and break something. 9mm's with a gov mod with fuel enough for 170/180 tops without further adjustments/trick bits which not many people are away of.
When I changed up to 11mm on a previous car from maxed out 9mm the difference was really noticable, really pulled hard and made 190bhp over the previous 170bhp. It seemed to feel more comfortable higher in the revs.

A TD04 and 11mm is a good cheap set up for decent power. I'm moving on to more modern efficient fast spoolers now which I believe is the way forward without going down the VNT route. Cost wise yes if you type in "garret GTbla bla bla" they will be expensive yes but do your research keep it too yourself and you can a bargain turbo for £30 like I did Big Grin
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2013, 08:51 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: The main reason people tend to kill engines on XUD's is because IMO they aren't set up right as in, too much fuel for what's intented or people just go mad with them, create a lots of power and break something. 9mm's with a gov mod with fuel enough for 170/180 tops without further adjustments/trick bits which not many people are away of.
When I changed up to 11mm on a previous car from maxed out 9mm the difference was really noticable, really pulled hard and made 190bhp over the previous 170bhp. It seemed to feel more comfortable higher in the revs.

A TD04 and 11mm is a good cheap set up for decent power. I'm moving on to more modern efficient fast spoolers now which I believe is the way forward without going down the VNT route. Cost wise yes if you type in "garret GTbla bla bla" they will be expensive yes but do your research keep it too yourself and you can a bargain turbo for £30 like I did Big Grin

What turbocharger are we taking about here?! Tongue
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
It's a Garrett something.....
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…