Extreme OCD Camp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme OCD Camp
Evening,

Well, this is probably the best documentary I've watched this year, was on BBC3 a few weeks back. I know the programmes are an hour long each, but if you have the well worth it. It's given me the motivation and the kick up the arse I needed to start sorting myself out (as have been discussing in chatbox with people lol) so I want to make sure anyone that didn't see it but might also benefit from it gets the chance to watch. Smile I'd say its also a good watch if you don't have OCD but have friends/relatives that do as it shows a lot of things that usually people try to hide/avoid so helps you to understand just how difficult certain things become (things you take for granted like food etc) from something that seems as small/simple as this problem, I got my Mum to watch it as well btw. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAXjq28Wpyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywMsMjGF_nw

If you're wondering, my problems are extremely similar to Jacks (the guy from Essex).

This thread isn't for discussion about my problems though, I just want to get the programme some more coverage to anyone else that it may be helpful for as I've watched a lot of OCD documentaries but none that have given me this sort of push before. Smile

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Good to hear that's given you some motivation mate. The video shouldn't interesting, might give that a watch later this week.
Thanks given by:
OCD scuff???

But seriously, sounds interesting; I did see the trailer thingees on tv a while back and thought it looked well worth a watch Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Gave it a watch, pretty interesting. And yeah definite scuff...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Seen afew episodes already as the missus is into this sort of programme. Interesting stuff, certainly helps you understand imo.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
just watched first one.

good program...will keep watching..
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It annoyed me.

One day the lad was having massive problems eating a plain bowl of rice, next day he was scoffing down a bowl of porridge for 10 men!
Thanks given by:
clearly you have NO ocd issues.

ones like Tom, and I, can relate a bit I think.

Not seen the rice thing, bur I expect its too do with the way its prepared...who touched, whats clean etc.

Its a mental illness dont forget
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Will watch this tonight, =]
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 08:42 AM)Just Sean Wrote: It annoyed me.

One day the lad was having massive problems eating a plain bowl of rice, next day he was scoffing down a bowl of porridge for 10 men!

I think there was some stuff in between that they missed out tbh - they have to fit 2 weeks into 2 hours lol. There were a lot of things that I wondered how the hell he managed them in what seems a very short space of time. But I guess that's the idea of the type of therapy they were using at that place, they don't have long so have to use intensive methods of sorting things.

I've gotta say, I've been in the same situation as the rice incident and there's no way I'd have been eating that porridge next day in a normal home situation - but odd things happen in different places. I think the idea of taking them out there, miles from their comfort zone, is partly that there's no choice, they've gotta walk all day so they have to eat. I'd also guess it probably played on his mind all day that it could've made him ill, I know it would me, and it's just not worth the effort at home unless you can find some motivation to do it.

(11-09-2013, 07:00 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: OCD scuff???

lol

I think that was part of their motivation. Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 08:42 AM)Just Sean Wrote: It annoyed me.

This, I know a bloke who just kept asking the same questions about what was wrong with his car and then the next day was perfectly able to sort it out hims... owait! :p

Haven't watched it and won't pretend I will, because I know full well i'll have forgotten by the time I have a spare moment. lol Really glad to hear it's helped you and look forward to giving you grief if you don't keep it up. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol poodle :p
Thanks given by:
+1 on poodles comment

My only useful comment here is you cant spell OCD without OC.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 11:34 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: +1 on poodles comment

My only useful comment here is you cant spell OCD without OC.

Haha youd get rep if I wasn't on tapatalk
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That shows the relatively benign side of OCD. I was reading this article in the Magazine this morning:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/...aked-truth

That is the "dark" side of OCD that no one talks about.
Thanks given by:
Did you just refer to the Guardian as a "magazine"? The Guardian is one of the few real newspapers that actually do report the news.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 07:36 AM)Scott Wrote: Did you just refer to the Guardian as a "magazine"? The Guardian is one of the few real newspapers that actually do report the news.

Still fail though. The Sun has tits in it...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, tbh the only thing I read is the bbc news website over lunch, or the Torygraph by choice.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 07:26 AM)306Puggy Wrote: That shows the relatively benign side of OCD. I was reading this article in the Magazine this morning:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/...aked-truth

That is the "dark" side of OCD that no one talks about.

God that was long, got to the part where she thought she was a lesbian, thought "I'd give her one" and gave up. I really need to do something about my minute attention span.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that was longer than I could keep attention for as well, however it's not uncommon for dark intrusive thoughts like that, its just the kind of thing most people won't publicly discuss.

There was a lot about intrusive thoughts on the programme as well, obviously they're not gonna admit any really dark stuff on TV though.

Intrusive thoughts are the hardest part to live with for anyone I think, you can avoid food, or toilets or going out, but you can't avoid your brain, it's with you 24/7 obviously. As I've said before, the human brain is far more powerful than it needs to be and is capable of some really terrible things when wires get crossed.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 08:17 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Meh, tbh the only thing I read is the bbc news website over lunch, or the Torygraph by choice.

No surprises there then, BBC is a bit left wing though, shouldn't you balance that out with the Daily Mail Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: