Exhaust elbow to down pipe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust elbow to down pipe
To low you hit subframe to high you hit the tunnel to far right you hit gear linkage to far left you hit tunnel again.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hey umm...got this welded (no pics as I am on library PC without SD card reader) but I have failed to cut things straight with the hacksaw so the angle of the down elbow flange is pointing off on the piss at an odd angle...is there another way to do it than by eye? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
[Image: facedesk_gif_by_sniperisawesome-d57pyca.gif]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think... You should mock something up without asking people.

This isn't an attack on you, but it sea you're trying to do what people suggest you should do.

Think of it logically; you need exhaust gases away from the turbo, down to the back of the car.

It's simple. There are numerous methods to do this.

If I was in your situation id approach a metalworks, explain what you want, give them the oem joins if it makes it easier and ask them to knock something up.

You're trying to utterly bodge this build with garage tools and frankly it is creating problem after problem it seems?

What do you think?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Well I only have basic tools as it is a budget build so...Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Understandable. But surely the budget is way over already? Cut your losses...?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Just do what people have suggested. Fit the blower take your car to your welder and get them to see what your doing.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ill give you £50 and t2 turbo, no extra cutting or welding doing just a straight fot so will save all this agro that you are having
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 04:53 PM)Tom Wrote: Just do what people have suggested. Fit the blower take your car to your welder and get them to see what your doing.

^^^^ This

A few of us did say you need to get it on the car to get the angles right and if you don't all the angles will be wrong Confused

Thanks given by:
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I have sacked off the elbow, after I got it welded I could see it was all wonky. Gonna buy a tight radius jetex exhaust piece and try again Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Size again!, Dowpipe to Straight pipe JamesPT 12 4,480 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Chairchild
  "Bending" exhaust pipe silverzx 20 6,781 20-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  gt15 exhaust elbow question scottbmxer 0 901 18-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Last Post: scottbmxer