went to buy some bulbs come back with a 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
went to buy some bulbs come back with a 306
right guys just took cambelt cover off and the cambelt is fine and intact Undecided suspecting cam failure but as said no nothing about these so will get a vid up of the noise it makes soon

Thanks given by:
Or take the cam cover off and have a look? Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 03:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or take the cam cover off and have a look? Smile

I've got front one off all looks ok, screws are mega tight on rear one and starting to round off Undecided off to work now so will have another look tomorrow. Be nice if it something simple doubt it tho being a Peugeot lol

Thanks given by:
id post up on the gti 6 forum fella, as it may just be a simple and easy fix.
Thanks given by:
Let me no next time your investigating and ill pop over Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 04:00 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Let me no next time your investigating and ill pop over Smile

Will do Mate probably be Thursday now as busy for next few days

(02-09-2013, 03:50 PM)procta Wrote: id post up on the gti 6 forum fella, as it may just be a simple and easy fix.

Will have to sign up. Worth a try tho....

Will make a thred in the engine section tomorrow with a video of the noise it makes

Thanks given by:
No worries drop me a text mate ill pop over
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, stop turning it over when you know it's not right, you'll only end up doing more damage if there's something seriously wrong =-O

Get the second cam cover off and make sure alls ok, take the plugs out and turn by hand to make sure everything moves as it should and at the right time before you even think about turning the key!

Hope it turns out to be a simple fix for you :-)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you need to find out what has actually gone before continuing to spin it over/taking vids.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 06:12 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah, you need to find out what has actually gone before continuing to spin it over/taking vids.

Yer I get the point but think the damage bas been done when it went bang. I will have a look later on in week and update no rush to get it sorted got plenty to do on 106 first

Thanks given by:
Not really mate. You could have just bent a valve or two. Continue to keep running it and you risk puncturing a piston or snapping valves.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If you dont give a shit then time it up and see if it'll go lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 07:48 PM)Tom Wrote: If you dont give a shit then time it up and see if it'll go lol

But if it hasn't done the belt then it should already be timed..........unless it's jumped teeth somehow
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 07:59 PM)bigtone0777 Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 07:48 PM)Tom Wrote: If you dont give a shit then time it up and see if it'll go lol

But if it hasn't done the belt then it should already be timed..........unless it's jumped teeth somehow

I haven't touched the belt, was speaking to the women I got it off earlier and she said she was comeing off the motorway, when there was a big bang and it died, the recovery guy said it was the cambelt they never checked it tho, and she rang round garages telling them what had happened and that the recovery guy said it was cambelt so said it would be to much to fix, hence her scrapping it.

A few people have said it could have possibly jumped teeth so I need to check, but I wanna get the rear cam cover off first to check the cam. I believe if there was any damage done thing what ever went bang as she came of the motorway would have done it. If timing is out my plan is to time it right and see if it goes. And go from the're but the chances are the valves are already bent.

I got the car cheap so no matter what happens not really fussed just wanted to try and save it from the scrappy. Also would like to drive a 6 just to see what it's like lol

Thanks given by:
That was my next question if you've took the cambelt covers off and confirmed the issue. Get them off and have a look, i want to know whats wrong.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tow it again with the 106 at 50 and bang it in gear.

I will either work or catastrophicaly die.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
50? Its a 106 NAD..... Confused lol
Thanks given by:
Find a hill?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Lol, good point I guess.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 08:13 PM)Tom Wrote: That was my next question if you've took the cambelt covers off and confirmed the issue. Get them off and have a look, i want to know whats wrong.

(02-09-2013, 03:09 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: right guys just took cambelt cover off and the cambelt is fine and intact Undecided suspecting cam failure but as said no nothing about these so will get a vid up of the noise it makes soon

Timing belt not snapped :-P

Lots of edits due to being unable to drive tapafail :-[
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 08:13 PM)Tom Wrote: That was my next question if you've took the cambelt covers off and confirmed the issue. Get them off and have a look, i want to know whats wrong.

Yer I'm gonna get them off completely but it's such a fiddly job was annoyed after removing 3 screw lol

(02-09-2013, 08:17 PM)Jake Wrote: Tow it again with the 106 at 50 and bang it in gear.

I will either work or catastrophicaly die.

Car struggled to pull it at 30mph lol the 106 struggles to get to 50 on its own lol

Thanks given by:
Maybe the tensioner has gone that is also quite common.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: