E46 330ci project/progress - Coilovers on, New Rimz inside

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E46 330ci project/progress - Coilovers on, New Rimz inside
Haha nope, I did see your purchase.. very nice Smile

I've been looking at a few but narrowed it down to TE37's, drift grids or 3sdm 0.06..

Annoyingly, I won a black set of window surrounds at the start of december buy the eBay seller never sent them and took my cash, only just got it back from PayPal.. nightmare!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow, they are both pretty different! You aiming for that whole style then? Is this auto or manual?

I quite like the sdm 0.05s actually!!

Yeah in a case like that it's ridiculous the amount of time it actually takes to get your money back!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
TE37 drift anyday!!!!!

In black
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
BBS CH or BMW csl ones Wink
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Not really, don't want to be into the whole 'stance' scene as such, but some nice rims and a decent suspension setup will do for now.. i still want to retain stock ride comfort if possible though so been looking at adjustable shock and spring setups and thicker front arb..

Yeah the 0.05's are quite nice, fairly common though..
Really loving these atm.. Just something about them i really like

[Image: 470610_x800.jpg]

Te37's are another top choice though.. <3

[Image: 6103613574_3582d5ccc9_o.jpg]

[Image: BMW-E46-M3-White-Volk-TE37-White.jpg]

It's a 5 speed manual mate, i couldn't deal with having an auto tbh!

Yeah, i like BBS ch's too and BBS lm.. I like the CSL rims, although i'd have to get them in 18" not 19
Thanks given by:
Despite not intending to spend any money modifying this for a while.. I've just bought a set of these beauties <3

[Image: e46_mp_v2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Te37s <3 <3

Why is it not done yet!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sexy rims are next on the list
Thanks given by:
Good man! That's what I like to hear
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Coilovers arrived today Big Grin

[attachment=12787]

And the pic the seller sent me (cba to pull it all out of the packaging)

[attachment=12788]
Thanks given by:
Had any epic sideways action yet? Friend of mine just got an E46 330d nice car to be honest, i imagine this is fairly similar.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
A little, when i had the budgets on the back.. but when the new rears cost nearly £400 a pair, I try not to lol

If it's a coupe it'll be pretty similar to this really, it's only the saloons that are a bit more different
Thanks given by:
Lovely. Always thought one of these would be nice after playing need for speed most wanted! Big Grin Love the LED tail light clusters. I think they look amazing. Just needs to be low now!

[Image: need-for-speed-most-wanted-car-of-the-da...135956.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude Smile

Haha, yeah that M3 GTR was my favourite for a long time after NFSMW came out lol..

The LED rear clusters look lush at night, may end up tinting the top 'clear' half though to go with the rest of the 'dark' theme.. and I've been 'eyeing up' ducktail spoilers ninja

Just ordered some C spanners. Also, the lovely guys at driftworks sent me over the manual for the coilovers, so now i know how they work! As they don't work exactly the same as conventional coilies.. planning on fitting them early feb as I've got time off.. whether i can be patient and wait that long.. is a different story lol.
Thanks given by:
How juicy is this to run? From what i can gather a '6 is pretty wank on fuel.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's dropped a fair bit with my eml on.. but still managing to average 25mpg (What i was averaging in the '6), on the MW it'll do 45mpg if you're careful.. I've noticed that MPG doesn't really change much even if you're doing 80-90 (On my private runway obviously..) providing you keep the throttle steady.. Pretty impressive from a 3l straight 6 petrol, considering the 330d only gets like a 30mpg average
Thanks given by:
Yeah i was disappointed in the 330d, dont get me wrong its lovely place to be and its got all the toys, but its not fast enough for how much it drinks, does make an epic noise though!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah those lumps do sound quite tasty, but as you say not really enough power for the economy! Was it the 184hp version do you know?

Tbh the *35d engine is the one to have although i don't believe they fitted it to the e46.. although you can swap the turbo fairly easily i believe..

from wiki - 286 PS (210 kW; 282 hp)@4400, 580 N·m (428 lb·ft)@1750-2250
Thanks given by:
He claims its the 204hp version, apparently you can get it mapped to 280 odd bhp, which would be more like it!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's one thing about those engines, they map up very well indeed
Thanks given by:
Coilies are on and settling, also had a hunter 4 wheel alignment so I know it's setup right now and it handles like a boss now, no more front end wallow and what feels like endless grip.. chuffed!

[attachment=13448]

[attachment=13449]

New rims next..
Thanks given by:
Looks cool man! Not silly low either Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude!

Ideally it could be slightly lower, but cba until i get my new rims.. but i'll dial in a little more neg camber too at the same time.

Impressed with the coilovers though, was expecting it to be a bit crashy but now they're settling in they're nearly as comfy as stock driving normally and it's set to about half way on the damping/rebound so plenty of adjustment left if i want it softer/stiffer (giggidy)
Thanks given by:
Stiffer ftmfw!

Had the back end step out on you with style yet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah haha, few times leaving work in a hurry and have left the car park side ways lol
Thanks given by:
Now everyone at work is aware that your a boss :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Managed to grab a side on pic on my way to lunch, much better..

[attachment=13482]
Thanks given by:
Well, after buying 3 different sets I've finally got one delivered and fitted(bloody ebayers..). No more chrome window trims and I cleaned it for the first time in months

[attachment=13758]
Thanks given by:
De chrome looks great Smile

Got any other plans ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Some nice wheels are next on the list as well as black masking the headlights/ maybe get the xenon headlights..

I've also had a really cheap quote from longlife to take out the midbox and make it straight pipe so that's probably happening Soon, I've heard a few on YouTube and it sounds sweet

I'm still looking for a m sport bumper that isn't stupid money too as I hate the front bumper atm.. but I may spray the silver bits black In the mean time so it doesn't stick out so much
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My E92 335i Project/Progress Midnightclub 23 9,766 13-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub