Castle Combe Forge Action Day INFO Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle Combe Forge Action Day INFO Thread

Righto everyone,

Numbers are all in and payments all made for this J Below is the definitive list of people, the cars they will be in and what they have bought. Please could you very check you’re down for the right things (or even that you’re down at all!).

1. Niall (Peugeot 306)          1x Stand-pass          1x Track        1x Camping
2. Curt (Audi A3)                          1x Stand pass
3. Zac (Peugeot 106)          1x Stand pass
4. Sean (Peugeot 306)                  1x Stand pass           3x Track        1x Camping
5. Kim (Peugeot 306)          1x Stand pass                             1x Camping
6. Scott (Renault Megane R26)       1x Stand pass           1x Track        1x Camping
7. Ed Doe +1 (Renault Megane)      2x Stand Pass           1x Track        2x Camping
8. Vaughan (Peugeot 306)             1x Stand Pass                              1x Camping
9. Ian Roberts (Peugeot 306)         1x Stand pass
10. Matthew Frost (Peugeot 306)    1x Stand Pass                             1x Camping
11. Piggy +1 (Peugeot 306)           2x Stand Pass
12. Mark Fishleigh (Peugeot 306)    1x Stand Pass                              1x Camping
13. Steve Abbot (MG ZR)              1x Stand Pass           2x Track        1x Camping
14. Sian + Adam (Peugeot 306)      2x Stand Pas
15. Kieran Foley (VW Polo)            1x Stand Pass           1x Track
16. Alex Chester (Peugeot 306)      1x Stand Pass           2x Track        1x Camping
17. Jonny Moore (Peugeot 306)      1x Stand Pass          2x Track        1x Camping
18. Sam Tanner (Peugeot 106)       1x Stand Pass          1x Track        1x Camping
19. Adam Reid (Peugeot 306)         1x Stand Pass           2x Track        1x Camping
20. Paul Vincent + 1  (Peugeot 306)2x Stand pass 
21. James Donovan   (Peugeot 306)1x Stand pass          2x Track        1x Camping
22. Carl Gerrard                          1x Stand pass          2x Track        1x Camping
23. Carlos (Peugeot 306)               1x Stand pass                              1x Camping
24. Ruan (Volvo)                          1x Stand Pass          1x Track        1x Camping

Now for all the show information:

I will be on the gate from 16:00 on Friday September 13th to hand out tickets, stand passes etc.

Camping

In order to prevent any big queues on the gate, we will be meeting at 15:30 at the Morrisons supermarket just down the road from Combe. You have to drive past it on the way from the M4, so for almost everyone this will be on the way. Below is the link for directions from Morrisons to the circuit.

I will be there from about 15:00 to hand out camping passes, stand passes and tracktime.

We will then need to have a sensible convoy down to the circuit.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Cas...=prev&z=14

We will have our own area for camping (I believe still within the general camping area, but it’ll be nice to keep us all together!). If you get separated from the convoy from Morrisons, please make clear what club you are from when you get to the gate and you will be directed accordingly.

We will be parking all of our cars (for those who are there) on Friday evening, so once you have been to the camping area and dropped off your camping gear etc, please find one of the staff who is organising the stand layout and they will show you where to park on our stand space.

The Show

Those arriving on the Saturday morning (14th September), we will not be doing a convoy from Morrisons! You must arrive at the gates between 07:00 & 09:00 in the morning if you wish to be on the stand. Arriving outside these times may result in you not being allowed in! I would suggest you arrive with plenty of time to go before the 09:00 cut-off. This will save you and the staff organising the stand a lot of stress!

Either myself, or one of the staff members will be on the gate with the stand passes etc. and to give directions to our stand location. When you get to the stand, look out for another of the staff members who will be sorting out where you will need to park on stand.

Tracktime

We have had a decent uptake in the track slots. There are a few left still however, please let me know if you want to go out on track. It’s a brilliant circuit to drive, and the slots are very cheap considering!

Those going out on track will be parked around the edges of the stands to allow them to easily leave for their sessions. Please bear this in mind when you are parking up either on Friday night or Saturday morning!

Please remember to pay attention to the information you’re given with your track-pass. You will need to attend a drivers briefing and your car must pass a noise test prior to being allowed on track. For those getting early slots, this means you will probably have to do this before 09:00, so make sure you arrive to the show promptly to sort this out.

Combe also do helmet rental; if you don’t have your own helmet, remember to sort this out with time to spare before your track slot!

Passengers are allowed on track at £5 each, again if you’re planning on going on track, get this sorted nice and early!

you have to wear full-length trousers and a long-sleeved top/hoodie to either drive or be a passenger on track

Let me know what you think if you can grab 5minutes and read through it.

Cheers

Ed
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
have read and understood but are you buying breakfast?
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, not looking forward to the 1200km drive to get there! Should be another epic weekend though.
Thanks given by:
As said in other thread ed is it ok to pay for tickets and camping on the day or does it need to be pre paid?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
I'll have more track time if I can have it spread out to slow for cooling etc
Thanks given by:
all seems good.
see you at 7am on the 14th.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sweet! Sounds good to me, managed to get the Friday off work too.
Anyone convoying from the Midlands way?
Thanks given by:
We will probably be in Morrisons on the Saturday morning if people want to meet for a convoy
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
yeah. is there a cafe at morrisons??
breakfast there?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 08:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: yeah. is there a cafe at morrisons??
breakfast there?

sounds like a good plan! Smile
Thanks given by:
Dont think it will be open guys

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 09:49 PM)puglove Wrote: Dont think it will be open guys

could you find out please jamie Smile
Thanks given by:
Dang.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
surely they open at 7?!

opens at 8am. just checked. anywhere else nearby we can meet/grab breaky?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They do breakfast at the on site canteen chaps. Even more incentive to get there earlier!!

Milkman let me speak to combe, ill get back to you via pm x
Thanks given by:
Please can you put Peugeot 306 in brackets after my name?

Feel like I'm missing out lol
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks ed appreciate it
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 10:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: surely they open at 7?!

opens at 8am. just checked. anywhere else nearby we can meet/grab breaky?

Mc D's aint far Tongue

and Sainsburys is in same part and open at 7

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/storeloc...re_details
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
thats a good call...so sainsburys at 7am for breakfast...then convoy to the track?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We need to meet some people at morrisons first i believe...i will see what Jay would like to do =D
138 BHP XSI
Thanks given by:
why not these other peeps just meet at sainsburys?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Can't believe I've only just seen this. Can I still get in on it? Or do I now need to book it through the Castle Coombe website?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Just a quick one to those who have asked; I've spoken to Combe and can potentially get more people on stand. There are definitely more camping passes and entry passes, and still some tracktime left too; please see this thread: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-16981.html
Thanks given by:
Ed I'm not coming in the 6, I'm jumping in with Scott so that's one less car Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I assumed so Kim, already accounted for (you forget I'm in your bf's head Tongue )
Thanks given by:
I try to forget you mean...
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 07:44 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I assumed so Kim, already accounted for (you forget I'm in your bf's head Tongue )

Thought you'd been looking tanned recently.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 12:21 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(04-09-2013, 07:44 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I assumed so Kim, already accounted for (you forget I'm in your bf's head Tongue )

Thought you'd been looking tanned recently.

lmao
Thanks given by:
Just bought a set of track tyres, CANNOT WAIT!!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm going to be finishing off the Contisport Contact 5s the Meg is currently wearing, but can't wait either!! Big Grin Tis going to be a friggin brilliant Friday night/Saturday Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,916 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,321 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,142 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore