Dead Engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Engine
Stayed for 10 minutes, now I can not start the engine. I have diesel to the injectors, timing belt is ok, tachometer does not move anything when I run the starter. position sensor at the flywheel seems ok, I have power to camshaft sensor but have not checked the sensor. Anyone have any idea?
from Sweden that's why my English is that it is Confused
406 hdi RHZ 2002
Thanks given by:
Is the lift pump priming? Could be an immobiliser issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have diesel to the injectors can it still be the liftpump i have not meassure the preassure. It's not the immobiliser i had that last year and it was indicate it in the display
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, just realised it's a 2002 406 - ie multiplexed - so could be anything from tyre pressures to the radio code causing the problem. lol

Get it on diagnostics mate, or at least a code reader, got nothing to work with atm. Do you have a decent multimeter? Could do with checking the crank/cam signals properly.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wink 
(30-08-2013, 10:49 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fair enough, just realised it's a 2002 406 - ie multiplexed - so could be anything from tyre pressures to the radio code causing the problem. lol

Get it on diagnostics mate, or at least a code reader, got nothing to work with atm. Do you have a decent multimeter? Could do with checking the crank/cam signals properly.

Haha yeah, I guess it could be the tyre pressure. May be I have to take it to Peugeot and get the codes.. What if the frps is broken?

Thanks for the link, it was very helpful so I could see what the sensors are called. I have removed the post of a topic in another thread I've read, since I now have my own thread.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, taking it to pug would be a good start. Could well be the frps, but could also be many other things, there's no way of knowing without doing extensive diagnostics.
Glad to help, let us know how you get on. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I bought a elm327 and got fault code on fuelrail pressure sensor so I think i'll change it.
Do you know What app on android can read and reset fault codes on peugeot? I have tried torque paid version but it didn't vunnet to the car.
Thanks given by:
I know people use torque on the 306 hdis, so should work in theory. Confused Im not much of an app person, so cant help much more than that im afraid.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tried torque but does not work satisfactorily, bought the full version of EOBD-Facile but I can not check the fuel rail pressure with it. I've change the fuel rail pressure sensor, but it still wont start Sad Could it be the timing belt that has cogged (skipped a tooth)?
Thanks given by:
Honestly, get it on proper diags mate, easiest thing by far. You could start going through the various tests and that in my sig, but it's a fairly long-winded process.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I guess you're right..
Do you know what the fuel rail pressure should be, I think I'm gonna borrow a manometer from the job and check the fuel pressure. Now when I've changed the sensor I think it smells little combusted diesel from the exhaust pipe.
Thanks given by:
Fuel rail pressure on cranking should be ~280bar. Got a manometer that'll take that..? Otherwise you can read it with a multimeter, sensor should put out about 1.3v on cranking. More info in the link in my sig if it helps. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Egen I was changing timebelt I found that the camshaft sprocket was broken. After changing that the engine worked well.
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, that'd do it lol. Thanks for updating with the solution.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 03:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Ah yeah, that'd do it lol. Thanks for updating with the solution.
Finaly I found out how to attache a picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: