GTI 6 Gearbox Removal ????????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTI 6 Gearbox Removal ????????
Can anybody help me out here, Trying to seperate the gearbox from the engine i have bought. For some reason i cannot get the box off, all the bolts are out and the wiring is clear, is there anything that i have missed, its as though the release bearing is stuck to the pressure plate. I dont have a manual so i am working blind. Dont want to start levering and tickle sticking if there is a simple solution.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
the release bearing is stuck to the pressure plate Wink
the forks release from the bearing leaving the bearing attached to the pressure plate
you need to remove the top cable arm so the fork rod spins a few more degress to release the forks from the bearing

i got cought with that one had to phone a friend as it had us scratching out heads for a while

also go round and check if you have missed a bolt maybe at the back of the block that screws into the bell housing instead of through gearbox into block ?
Thanks given by:
DOH !!!!!!! Take it you have to knock the retaining pin out of the arm in order to release it.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
mine had a spring retaining clip removed that, then pulled the pin out with mole grips, then worked the lever off the shaft
Thanks given by:
Cheers Cully, all sorted, took the clutch arm off and it slid straight out. Many thanks
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
glad i could help Wink
Thanks given by: