Latvian CHRAs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latvian CHRAs
Just planning ahead here, I notice that a lot of CHRAs for different turbos are offered from Latvia. They could be bought delivered for just under £200 and assuming they have been correctly manufactured that's not a bad price for piece of mind.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Turbocha...4ac01f9e03

You could easily bung one of these in your existing housings if the original CHRA was nackered and it certainly beats waiting ages and ages for a GT20 to come up. Cue endless mocking from peopleRolleyes But I know that Chinese turbos have a cult following in yank land from Google research so I should imagine that Latvian stuff can't be much worse.
Thanks given by:
Not sure why you would need to.

Be cheaper to look for a full one to be honest and rebuild it yourself for the £40 a kit costs.

And, you will get mocked......hang on.....

returns 5min later...

found about a half a dozen reasonably priced in GT20s in 5mins. phew I need a rest now.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy, he looks.. but never what he actually needs to look at, as such
Thanks given by:
Hmm, interesting here. Putting "garrett gt2052s" into Google brings up units from Japan that cost £350-£450 pounds. As well as rebuild kits and actuators and some overpriced second hand stuff so you can't say I haven't searched. I don't know how you can get much more specific that what I type into the search bar. But anyway, hopefully I won't need another one for atleast awhile.
Thanks given by:
Go to Google and find the make and model of what the turbo comes from
Type that into eBay or wherever you are searching and add 'turbo' on the end.
Find one that you may be satisfied with that its more likely to be and message the seller asking for part numbers and codes
Get them into Google to correspond with what you want
Purchase if correct
Start your search again if not :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 04:26 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Hmm, interesting here. Putting "garrett gt2052s" into Google brings up units from Japan that cost £350-£450 pounds. As well as rebuild kits and actuators and some overpriced second hand stuff so you can't say I haven't searched. I don't know how you can get much more specific that what I type into the search bar. But anyway, hopefully I won't need another one for atleast awhile.
google will not give you a turbo off the shelf.

finding the motors which run these turbos (by checking the turbo ID first) is what will find you a turbo..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Good advice chaps ThumbsUp
Thanks given by: