40 quid ebay backbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 quid ebay backbox
what are peoples thoughts on the aftermarket backboxes on ebay for £40 quid. they look like good after market boxes.
has anyone bought one, do they sound good??
Thanks given by:
You can buy one that fits properly from other owners for less money!

(also a link may help)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i wouldnt bother. cutting & welding to get it on then having to fasion some exhaust hangers to hold it without knocking isnt worth the hassle and ups the cost if you cant do this yourself

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
yeah i didnt think of that. just assumed they would be direct fit. but makes sence for that price. i wondered why they were so cheap lol.
Thanks given by:
There are far better exhausts to be had for £40 matey. What engine have you got?

Keep an eye out on the forums and on ebay, but imo avoid those 'universal' backboxes. Imo they look fairly tragic, and they aren't very good quality!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Do you mean the ones for £34+£8 postage?

I have one of those, well made, direct fit. Like this -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...3f28a632c5
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I looked at those before when my exhaust was blowing, seem to be a good deal. Has your tailpipe finisher rusted though?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I bought a cherry bomb off eBay for under £30 brand new in the past! Quality kit for the £.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
no i was looking at them universal 40-44 quid back boxes that are supposed to make the car sound a bit better. my exhaust is fairly new by the look of it anyway so wouldnt get it till after crimbo prob.
iv got the induction kit which sounds nice but only really get the thwarp sound when i stick my foot down. so wanted a better over all sound. something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-20...4d062c8925
being a little 1.4 engine its not the loudest.
Thanks given by:
please please please dont do that. thats a gash exhaust box.
consider just wacking a straight piece of pipe on the back...tenner from a exhaust place. loud and wont look chavtastic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 11:10 AM)C2K Wrote: I looked at those before when my exhaust was blowing, seem to be a good deal. Has your tailpipe finisher rusted though?

Hangers have surface rust and the welds aren't brilliant, but that's kind of expected at the price. The finisher is bare metal so I go over it with a bit of wire wool and autosol and it looks just fine. Ask me after winter when I stop cleaning the car for 6 months though and it may be a different story!

To the OP; don't fit an aftermarket backbox to a 1.4 fella. It will give the car much more bark than bite and once you've got over the initial "phwoar so noisy" phase you'll soon get bored of the wasp in a drainpipe background noise - especially on long drives or anything in the early hours...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
id just like a deeper sound than whats coming out the back end at the mo. would it be better to go for a 1.6 back box or something or would that throw the emmisions right out. my 1.4 is only a play thing and work car anyway. its just for me to have some fun and enjoy myself. hopefully fingers crossed finally fitting my cyclones on friday. after a wks wait for the proper bolts.
Thanks given by:
An exhaust box wont throw emissions reading out. Only removing the catalytic converter right at the engine-end of the exhaust will do that...

Personally, I'd look for something subtle like a Magnex 3" backbox which will give you a bit more noise but not look like a tragic japcan. Japcans only look good on high power supras or skylines (*whispers* or scoobys), they look simply awful on corsas and peugeots etc!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I dunno I think Carl's looks mint!
Thanks given by:
cherry bomb or straight pipe FTW Wink

You will get the bwarp you want... Just keep original then if you ever get bored of it revert to stock (doubtful though). I've got a straight pipe, a center made into a back box (the done thing on hdi's) and an standard backbox. Yet i still favour the straight through and mines a 2.5 straight through, no cat or boxes on my hdi it does get a bit noisy but i turn stereo up and fully chav it up!

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil Wink
Thanks given by:
I got one of these a while back, it's probably still in the cupboard tbh, 3in round pipe, really good quality imo, comparable to the piper and magnex I had for my ax's, just obviously not a straight fit (does come with adjustable hangers), was gonna go up to the local metal fab company and get a pipe made to make it a cat-back straight through for the 306, but that'll wait until after my holiday...lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by: